How much to feed Cories?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yay!!!! I just got 6 Pygmy Cories for my 20g which is FINALLY cycled!! ;D ;D They are so cute and tiny. The lfs mislabelled them though. They said they were Corydoras hastatus but they are clearly C. pygmaeus. I thought that was funny...my lfs is really good and I've never seen them make a mistake like that. The two species are very similar though.

Well, to get to my question. I got them Omega One veggie rounds and shrimp pellets. How much should I feed them? Btw they are a little less than an inch.

fish_r_friend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I feed mine one fourth of a veggie round and i only have 3 corys my bet is that they will eat 1/2 of a veggie round brocken in 2

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
How about starting with just 1, and watching how long it takes to disappear. They will also love those tubifex worm squares, but don't get the Wardley brand. Mine love the Omega One and Hikari brand. You push the square against the glass and they should find it quickly. Just stick it just above the gravel. Mine go apey for them, but they should probably be a once weekly treat. They are very fatty and can mess up your tank. I also recommend the earthworm and plankton pellets just for variety. Keep in mind they will also be finding any flake or other food that falls to the bottom. Congrats!

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Tubifex worm squares? I've never heard of those. I will look for those next time I'm at Petsmart, and earthworm and plankton pellets too. They won't be finding any flakes because I'm just having cats and female Bettas in that tank, so I want to have a good variety of food for them. i just dropped in half a veggie round, so I will see how long it takes for them to finish it. How long can food be in the tank without it spoiling?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom