How much to feed a 6 month old Betta?

Burntbeans

I just got my Betta Aries, he's 5-6 months old. I've been feeding him once in the morning 3 pellets. My husband is convinced that because he's growing he needs more food. Lol. I'm just trying to be careful not to overfeed.

BigManAquatics

3-4 pellets seems alright. My full grown bettas i usually only feed 5 or 6 daily.

Upvote 0

Passionfish

Isn't the rule enough pellets to fit in the eye of the fish?

Upvote 0

Burntbeans

I'm not sure. I've never heard that but I'm not sure how I could even see how many that would be

Upvote 0

mattgirl

I am not real sure how this got started but I don't think it is a good guideline as to how much to feed.
I just got my Betta Aries, he's 5-6 months old. I've been feeding him once in the morning 3 pellets. My husband is convinced that because he's growing he needs more food. Lol. I'm just trying to be careful not to overfeed.
Since he is still young I would probably feed him twice a day. I've never fed pellets so have no idea as to the size of them. If they are tiny maybe feed him 3 in the morning and 2 or maybe even 3 again in the evening. Fish are little beggars. They will beg and eat as long as we offer food even if they are not actually hungry.

Upvote 0

Passionfish

I am not real sure how this got started but I don't think it is a good guideline as to how much to feed.
Ah ok. It's because I've seen that as an answer on this forum a couple times, and I thought it was a good rule. Sorry, just trying to put ideas out.

Upvote 0

Burntbeans

3-4 pellets seems alright. My full grown bettas i usually only feed 5 or 6 daily.
And full grown is 1.5 years or so? I'm not sure when he would be full grown

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I just find whatever works if the fish doesn't get bloated really. For the most part, it only has to be as complicated as a person makes it :)

Upvote 0

FoldedCheese

They can be considered full grown around the 1 year mark. However, growth and growth rate also depends on their environment, some genetic factors and diet.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
charmander
  • Question
Replies
Views
Skittlesttr75
  • Question
Replies