How much time spent watching your tanks a Day?

How much Time spent watching your Fish Tanks?

• 0-5min

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 5-15min

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • 15-30min

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • 30min-1.0hour

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • 1-2hours

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • 2+hours

Votes: 20 24.4%

• Total voters
Tumbleweed
Just wondering how much time everyone spends watching there fish tanks. This does not include matinence of the tanks. Just relaxing and watching.

Shawnie
NO housework done since MTS

Allie
We spend the last 2-4 hours before bed looking at our tanks. I am usually taking pictures of the tanks, fish or our cats. That's how I relax. Taking 10, 000 shots of fish only to get 5 good shots. I feel like I am always looking at one tank or another. We have 7 up and running right now...the rest are elsewhere. My bf's business partner has some at his home too. He's getting more soon.
Fish is 80% our focus around here since we are opening our own fish breeding store in the next few years.

hockeyref88
Since I stratigically placed the tanks throught the livingroom, I'm constantly looking at them even while TV is on or sitting here with my laptop posting on here and such. Especially my cichlid tank. I . Go out to look at my koi pond probably at least 10 times a day minumum. It is a disease you know?

Rick

Red wag platy
Only 5-15 minutes, but once I get another tank, it'll go up about 4 hrs.

Martinismommy
I spend a lot of time looking at my tanks..Dunn is in my kitchen so he interacts with me while I'm cooking....My salt tank, Jagger and Kix are all 3 in my living room....Will is in my entry way but it is the main walkway to my living room and kitchen so he is always getting admired....

Angela_96
My tanks are my tv so to speak, I love to watch them! my husband comes home at night and sits down in front of the mbuna tank as if it were a big screen tv and football was on. (I had a good show this morning, watching a spawning show lol)

COBettaCouple
A good part of the day for us. The tanks are all over, even surrounding the computer so we can always be watching some of them.

peter
The tank at home about 3 hours a day , but I set one at work in the main office everybody loves it but not the Bose less work getting done by the office girls there always watching it

Iluvatar
sometimes I watch them for more than two hoursbut usually watch them feeding and before feeding.

fins
hours....we have 2 in the bedroom and the other is right outside the bedroom ....... and 1 in my daughters/computer room the other is in my sons room...so sometimes its hard to see the ones in the kids room..

russ757
mine is in my bedroom I watch it about 10-20mins daily but it will rise dramatically after I get my betta

Devon
Bowie gets lonely and starts misbehaving if I don't spend at least 15 minutes a day with him, and he only accounts for one tank; I have to give love to Esteban, Consuela, Rasputin & the other tiger barbs, and the Spiders from Mars... ;P At least 20-30 minutes on an average workday, much longer on the weekends when I actually have time to relax!

russ757
what do yal mean spend time with him youmean look at him or what?

monkeyfish
I always say to myself "i'll go look at the fish for a few minutes and see how they're doing" next thing I know its dark outside the window and my hunger drives me to get up and go get some dinner.

UNTAMED
well I work away on an offshore oil rig for 2 weeks then I'm home for 2 weeks when I'm home ill spend 6 hours min and up th 10hrs easy without a lie. but I'm pretty new 2 this so it still excites me

J J Indy
I spend at least 2 hours between the three tanks I have they are all in my family room I find that I miss a lot of my tv shows drifting off and watching the fish. I like to watch them interact with each other like when they play when they spat while they eat. My wife thinks that I have gone goofy but then I catch her doing it too. I have even caught her talking to the oscars.

peacemaker92
MTS keeps me attached to my 15g. I watch it every time I get home, every time I switch on the tank light and every time after feeding time! lol I LOVE MY TANK!

pinkfloydpuffer
I can't watch them more than about an hour a day now, due to having up to 15 hour school+work days, but when I had time to I'd watch them for hours on end.

marcie31401
My social life has completely gone downhill since I got my tank! Even when we have complany over, our fish keep my attention still! And my poor dogs...actually they enjoy watching as much as I do!

kloseo
as much time as possible
much more relaxing and entertaining than anything on tv

Matt
My weekends are 90% watching fish, 9% on this forum and 1% sleeping

I am completely obsessed as many of you would agree you are too

OMG! Its Raining Fish, Quick Grab A Bucket And Throw Them In The Tank

isis
My tanks are like my TV!! I can sit there for hours watching them or changing things around in the tanks etc.

isis
My weekends are 90% watching fish, 9% on this forum and 1% sleeping

I am completely obsessed as many of you would agree you are too

OMG! Its Raining Fish, Quick Grab A Bucket And Throw Them In The Tank

LOL!! I know the feeling...if it wasn't for the kittens and the snakes and my boyfriend I would camp out in front of my tanks all day long LOL!!

CoryMac
about an hours worth a day

bettafish2816
well they're all in my room and I generally have hour breaks between classes, so I watch my fish a LOT

treve
my wife gave me a choice upgrade the tv or the tank?
no contest tank wins,nothing like coming home after a hard days work turning on the light sitting on my recliner and watching by fish playing

prairielilly
I always say to myself "i'll go look at the fish for a few minutes and see how they're doing" next thing I know its dark outside the window and my hunger drives me to get up and go get some dinner.

LOL! Every morning after feeding cats and fish I sit down with a cup of coffee and think, I'll just sit here for a bit with a kitty on my lap and have a few sips of coffee while I watch the fishies swim and eat...

...about 45 min later I'm really, really late

Dean
I watch (and talk about) them much more often then my girlfriend likes

CoryMac
I watch (and talk about) them much more often then my girlfriend likes
my wife say I pay attention more to my tank then her.lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Poll
Replies
Views
TheFishmonger
Replies