55 Gallon Tank How much time for BB to attach to fiber?

Beth1965
I just placed two wads of poly fill in the filters of my 55 to seed a 20 gallon. How long do you think it will take for the polyfill to be ready to seed the new tank?
Beth

Lucy
Give it about 2 weeks....longer if you can.

Aquarist
Agreed. I added a LOT of filter media to my 155 for seeding about a month ago, for a tank I am getting soon. The longer the better but most recommend at least 2 weeks as Lucy suggested. Best of luck on the new tank!

kimb
Agree with above, 2 weeks at least. May I suggest that when you remove it for your new tank, put more into both the old and new filters...you never know when MTS will strike and you will need it again!

Beth1965
kimb said:
Agree with above, 2 weeks at least. May I suggest that when you remove it for your new tank, put more into both the old and new filters...you never know when MTS will strike and you will need it again!
YOU! This is why I waited to start with the seeding until now! I have the tank and am antsy but not really in a rush. I can wait. It's more important to me to do it right. I won't be putting in more filter media for more tanks. Shame on you for suggesting it
I would love to put tanks all over the house but it'd be a waste, we spend most of our time in the kitchen and it's just me and the BF. So this third tank is going in the kitchen opposite the 10 gallon.

kimb
That is what I said Beth......4 tanks ago! Seriously though, keeping it in there can come in handy no matter what. It just gives yet another surface for the colonies, perhaps might make them stronger, or if one or the other tank suffers a minI cycle, a filter goes down...its just some extra protection!

Beth1965
kimb said:
That is what I said Beth......4 tanks ago! Seriously though, keeping it in there can come in handy no matter what. It just gives yet another surface for the colonies, perhaps might make them stronger, or if one or the other tank suffers a minI cycle, a filter goes down...its just some extra protection!
Alright, alright, you talked me into it.
Beth

Latest threads

Top Bottom