How Much Temp Fluctuation Is Ok?

oOturquoiseOo
How much temperature fluctuation is ok? I have a non adjustable heater in my 10 gallon tank and the temp fluctuates between 24.3 and 24.6. Is that too much?

I don't have shrimp in there yet. I'm still waiting for the cycle to finish. I will be adding them at the end of March, I hope. There is nothing but plants in there right now.

PokeTileCraft101
That is just fine, you have no fear of any deaths or stress by this. .3 isn't much and should have no effect on the fish/shrimp.

oOturquoiseOo
Thanks!

PokeTileCraft101
No problem, what shrimp will you keep

oOturquoiseOo
Red cherry shrimp

I plan to get a few amano shrimp for my big tank but this 10 gallon is solely for a shrimp colony. I can't wait. I've been wanting to do this for years.

PokeTileCraft101
Have fun with that, I hope you enjoy having crs, they are amazing little critters, and given enough time and care, you can have some pretty ones

oOturquoiseOo
Thanks! I have only ever had amano shrimp and that was about 7 years ago. I have been wanting a shrimp only tank since then. I'm really looking forward to seeing shrimp breed and watching everything evolve with my kiddos

PokeTileCraft101
If you think you can, try to slowly let them "evolve", or selective breed them to get better color grades

oOturquoiseOo
I'm not sure I really have the heart to cull any. Unfortunately I live over 200 km from the lfs so I can't bring them there. And since we're so far from the lfs there isn't many people with tanks here.

PokeTileCraft101
Hey don't worry, just get another tank (if you can) and let them live in there. no need to cull, give them a great life, able to breed and live their lives,

oOturquoiseOo
That's a good idea! I have 2 30 gallon tanks just sitting in the basement... One is destined to be a paludarium so maybe the shrimp can live there!

PokeTileCraft101
Maybe, hope you have great experience

oOturquoiseOo
Thanks I have it planned already with the background coming right out of the tank and up the wall. With my eheim canister filter to make a waterfall coming down and into the tank. It's a rimless tank so I think it'll be very nice. When I eventually get it set up.

PokeTileCraft101
Man, that just sounds amazing

oOturquoiseOo
I just hope I can do my plan justice! Haha!

PokeTileCraft101
Hopefully. if you ever do get it set up id love to see an of it

oOturquoiseOo
Definitely! I will probably start a journal type post to follow the progress.

PokeTileCraft101
I will definetly be keeping up with it. this seems like a great idea an an interesting thing to do

oOturquoiseOo
Thanks

FishRFriendz
In the summer my tanks go the full temp swing that you see on the weather forecast.
Especially my outdoor container ponds.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
H2O Concierge
Replies
Views
Mudminnow
Replies
Views
Marlene327
Replies