How Much Should I Feed My Betta?

TheNacho

Reaction score
Hi, just brought home a beautiful betta! I got 2 types of food from the store
• a.h.m fish food granul food
• frozen bloodworm cubes

How often and how much should I feed it the granules? They're very small pieces (800-1200 micron)
And how often should I give it bloodworms and how much?

Thanks

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
TheNacho said:
Hi, just brought home a beautiful betta! I got 2 types of food from the store
• a.h.m fish food granul food
• frozen bloodworm cubes

How often and how much should I feed it the granules? They're very small pieces (800-1200 micron)
And how often should I give it bloodworms and how much?

Thanks
I tend to feed my this a new food every 2 days so I think you could feed it a pinch of the Granules for 2 days. Then Bloodworm cubes every 2 days.

potter

Reaction score
Don't feed too much bloodworms! Definitely not the whole cube! Cut out a small piece when frozen honestly 1-2 bloodworm per day is enough if they're big. Bloodworm is high in fat and too much can cause issues. And try to find Fluval Bug Bites and Northfin pellets they are better quality. Your betta should have a soft round belly when full but not big distended belly.

CheshireKat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I personally feed freezedried bloodworms once a week as a treat and feed Bug Bites as the staple food. I also feed peas once a week to provide fiber, greens, and variety. You'll only need a tiny bit of frozen bloodworm because bettas have extremely small stomachs. Granules or pellets can also expand after a time in water or in the digestive system (especially foods full of fillers), so keep that in mind.

New Threads