Experience
More than 10 years

Attachments

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You should look at craigslist or aquabid to compare prices. This way you know what others list there's for.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Betta/Horse lover said:
Maybe $200?
I would agree with this. IMO your lighting, filtration, and overall condition of the setup warrants a $200 asking price. Good luck with the sale!

BettaBuddy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'd start at $250 and let them talk you down to $200. They'll feel like their getting a good deal!

MissJuniper

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with how much your setup is worth, but most people I know won't pay more money than twice the size of the tank. For example, 55 gallons times 2 would be $110, which is about as much as people want to pay for a used 55 setup. The only way you'll get the $200 or $250 you want for it is if you find someone who fully realizes the value of the equipment over the stuff that comes in a Petsmart starter kit. Otherwise, most people will look at it and think you're trying to rip them off. People who look on Craigslist for a fish tank either want to find one for less than the pet store, or they're hoping to find a size places like Petco/Petsmart don't carry. But since you're also offering the stand, you do have a better chance at selling it at that price.

I do hope that you get the full price you're asking though.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom