How Much Should I Ask For My Giant Gourami

Discussion in 'Gouramis' started by Hashmi V Z, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Hashmi V Z

Hashmi V ZNew MemberMember

I have a 19 years old Giant Gourami. Now i am not able to take care of him. So i want to sell it. In which price i can sell it?

2. Caitlin86

Caitlin86Well Known MemberMember

Pics???

3. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06Well Known MemberMember

I hope that aquarium was over 200gal , Giant Gourami get massive 28" and at 19 years he/she should be fully grown.

4. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlfWell Known MemberMember

The going rate for them, like most huge fish is $0. They're usually being sold by people desperate to get rid of them because they can't house them properly. While there are very few people who can properly house them. And there are more of them around than they can take.

5. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06Well Known MemberMember

Agreed and also at 19 years of age, it's already almost at it's time.

6. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Not everyone is in the u.s. In china there are heaps of shops that specialize in large fish. In india i would guess it would be the same. @Hashmi V Z you need to find out the rates for.where. you are everywhere is different. I would try local aquarium clubs if you have any as well as local shops and the net

7. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlfWell Known MemberMember

Great, shops specializing in selling giant fish to people even less likely to have the appropriate tanks for them.

8. Piaelliott

PiaelliottWell Known MemberMember

Even at my LFS, I met people whose smallest tank is 125 gal. I assume there are people out there with large tanks, maybe not so much in fishlore. But there are websites named monsterfish or so :)

9. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlackFishlore VIPMember

This is a beginners' site, so the tanks tend to be small. In tropical climates, big air breathers like giant gouramis tend to be outside, and plenty of people have large tanks. Prices are a local thing though, and this is an international site. I can tell you the price in Canada, but amounts will vary wildly.

10. clk89

clk89Fishlore VIPMember

I would take a look at sites like criagslist, ebay, and local facebook groups to see what others are selling them for in your area. Also as a heads up you can't sell on this site until you get 50 posts.

11. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Ignorance rears its head again. Most large restaurant here have tanks in the 1000+g range. Most Hotels, massage parlours, smaller restaurants and many offices have 100+g tanks. Ive seen tanks here that you wouldnt see anywhere but at a large aquarium park back home.
    So it is great, shops specializing in large fish for people who are very likely to have tanks big enough for them.

12. scarface

scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

Personally, I think it's commendable that the fish has lived for 19 yrs. And truth is, no one knows the OP's situation or the conditions the fish is living in. We literally know almost nothing to make any valid judgement, but these preconceived notions and accusations that I'm seeing towards a new member is truly sad and pathetic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice