10 Gallon Tank How much longer do you think?

Th1rt3eN
So my ammonia is being processed in 18hrs.

How long do you think its going to be?

I'm getting excited now !!!

bolivianbaby
What are your nitrite and nitrate readings? It sounds like you're getting close!

Th1rt3eN
Nitrite:5.0 (maybe a bit more)

Nitrate: ~20

Shawnie
its so hard to give a figure of time...but with a nitrite/nitrate reading (as long as neigther are in your water source) its getting close....if I had to guess, id say another 1-2 weeks max....but again, that's a guess...depending on the source of how you are cycling, will make a difference as well...if you are cycling fishless, crack up that heater!! it will speed things up more congrats!

Th1rt3eN
Shawnie
now that you have nitrites, don't go above 2ppms with addition of ammonia...(although I'm sure you know this but just reminding ) great job going fishless

Th1rt3eN
thanks for the heads up

Th1rt3eN
Update: Ammonia processed in under 12hrs
Nitrite: Its light blue but not the color on the card Lol
Nitrate: 5-10

Aren't my nitrates supposed to be off the chart? Highest they got was about 40-80.

bolivianbaby
In my experience, when the nitrites are light blue but not the color on the card, they are still processing, but ALMOST THERE! Usually for me, it means they'll be the blue on card, meaning 0, within the next 24-48 hours. I would give it another day or two.

Someone else may have a thought on the nitrates. Since you're cycling fishless, I'm assuming you've never done any water changes?

Nate McFin
Nitrates should be higher unless you have something in your filter to remove them or live plants. OR as Bolivian suggested, water changes would drop them as well.
Possible the last reading was false?

Th1rt3eN
I do have live plants. My hornwort was semI dieing and a lot of it was going brown and breaking off and I can see the little pieces in the bottom of my aquaclear 20. The plants are listed on my profile.

And I have not done anywater changes. I still don't have my python yet lol

My readings have progressively gotten less and less though. I won't be back to my tank until thursday to check it but I could get my gf to test again tonight or even at lunch today.

bolivianbaby
The live plants are probably processing your nitrates. Let your nitrites drop to zero and unless you have another issue, you should be cycled.

Also, get the dead pieces of plants out of your tank . They can cause an ammonia spike.

Keep us posted

Th1rt3eN
Thanks for the great info.
I'll be sure to take the dead pieces out as soon as I get back.
And I will definitely keep everyone posted !!

Latest threads

Top Bottom