How Much Is This Betta Worth?

1. Leo Thomsen

Leo Thomsen New Member Member

I bought this female plakat a couple of months ago, I think the guy I bought her from bred her himself but I don't know much else about her background except he was selling because of limited space
    She's 1 years old and healthy and I've been wondering, how much could she be worth? I'm not looking to sell or breed her myself I'm just curious :)
    35347245_10214619073408560_551659347688554496_n.jpg 35331995_10214619080448736_8795827395660611584_n.jpg 35284203_10214619083328808_4166179334375079936_n.jpg

2. NYFishGuy

NYFishGuy Valued Member Member

It's a nice fish with the metalic blue but not enough to make it a "breeder" or high value. IMO

3. OP
    OP
    Leo Thomsen

I should also mention that her colours are a lot stronger than pictured, my phone camera isn't the best but you're probably right

4. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Yeah I agree, It wouldn't make too much money as shes not " Breeder Quality" She dosent look very THICC or have a perfect body. She is pretty and works as a pet though! Just not up to breeder standards. So like your average $8.99cad, $6.81usd, $43.68 danish krone?

5. CanadianFishFan

She reminds me of my girl, Iris
    (ugh my photo thing wont work, ill share a photo later.)

6. OP
    OP
    Leo Thomsen

Good thing Valentine's just a pet haha, I bought her for just 20-25dkk though, that's about 3-4 dollars American.
    It was her or an orange halfmoon but I just fell in love with her :)

7. CanadianFishFan

Thats like $3-5 cad. I payed $8 for my girl... They have gone up in price by $4 for female bettas here....

8. OP
    OP
    Leo Thomsen

I bought Valentine from a private breeder, they tend to be a lot cheaper here
    My first betta was about 10cad and then it was incredibly sick, but that's what you get from a pet store :/

9. OP
    OP
    Leo Thomsen

scratch that it was 16cad

10. CanadianFishFan

Actually all my females from the petstore are still alive, i havent had a female die yet. *knock on wood*

11. OP
    OP
    Leo Thomsen

To be honest, I didn't think twice when I bought my betta from the store, when I compared my care to the care of many others online it made no sense for him to die so soon, the guy I bought my female from kept his bettas in poorer conditions than I kept my storebought male in and she's still MUCH healthier than he ever was...
    From now on I steer clear from pet store fish unless it's a recommended store who knows what they're doing cuz this store really didn't :/

awesome that your females are still alive though! :) When I see how many bettas are sold in North America I get so sad, but perhaps you bought them from a reputable store?