How Much Is This Betta Worth?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Leo Thomsen, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Leo Thomsen

Leo ThomsenNew MemberMember

I bought this female plakat a couple of months ago, I think the guy I bought her from bred her himself but I don't know much else about her background except he was selling because of limited space
    She's 1 years old and healthy and I've been wondering, how much could she be worth? I'm not looking to sell or breed her myself I'm just curious :)
    35347245_10214619073408560_551659347688554496_n.jpg35331995_10214619080448736_8795827395660611584_n.jpg35284203_10214619083328808_4166179334375079936_n.jpg

2. NYFishGuy

NYFishGuyValued MemberMember

It's a nice fish with the metalic blue but not enough to make it a "breeder" or high value. IMO

3. OP
    OP
    Leo Thomsen

I should also mention that her colours are a lot stronger than pictured, my phone camera isn't the best but you're probably right

4. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

Yeah I agree, It wouldn't make too much money as shes not " Breeder Quality" She dosent look very THICC or have a perfect body. She is pretty and works as a pet though! Just not up to breeder standards. So like your average $8.99cad, $6.81usd, $43.68 danish krone?

5. CanadianFishFan

She reminds me of my girl, Iris
    (ugh my photo thing wont work, ill share a photo later.)

6. OP
    OP
    Leo Thomsen

Good thing Valentine's just a pet haha, I bought her for just 20-25dkk though, that's about 3-4 dollars American.
    It was her or an orange halfmoon but I just fell in love with her :)

7. CanadianFishFan

Thats like $3-5 cad. I payed $8 for my girl... They have gone up in price by $4 for female bettas here....

8. OP
    OP
    Leo Thomsen

I bought Valentine from a private breeder, they tend to be a lot cheaper here
    My first betta was about 10cad and then it was incredibly sick, but that's what you get from a pet store :/

9. OP
    OP
    Leo Thomsen

scratch that it was 16cad

10. CanadianFishFan

Actually all my females from the petstore are still alive, i havent had a female die yet. *knock on wood*

11. OP
    OP
    Leo Thomsen

To be honest, I didn't think twice when I bought my betta from the store, when I compared my care to the care of many others online it made no sense for him to die so soon, the guy I bought my female from kept his bettas in poorer conditions than I kept my storebought male in and she's still MUCH healthier than he ever was...
    From now on I steer clear from pet store fish unless it's a recommended store who knows what they're doing cuz this store really didn't :/

awesome that your females are still alive though! :) When I see how many bettas are sold in North America I get so sad, but perhaps you bought them from a reputable store?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice