How much have you spent on a single fish?

BigManAquatics

What is the most you have ever spent on a single fish? Mine was $25 for a false zebra pleco.

Ouse

I think a thread like this already exists. My most expensive fish is my royal pleco at £100.

WRWAquarium

Manacapuru angelfish. It was £20 I believe.

alven

$24.99 for a single Galaxy Koi betta..

But it is worth it. =)

BigManAquatics

I think a thread like this already exists. My most expensive fish is my royal pleco at £100.
The only thread i saw was over 10 years old and closed lol

MyFishAddiction

Freshfishguy

$30 also on a rare Pleco lol. No one even knows what type he is here. Identified as a Ranger Pleco from the folks on Planet Catfish, but he’s over a year old and still under an inch.

Attachments

• FFE99197-019A-404E-A1C8-AC49908AF4F8.jpeg
    FFE99197-019A-404E-A1C8-AC49908AF4F8.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 65

Bruinfishkeeper1

$25 on a Galaxy Koi Betta

MacZ

8 fully grown wild caught Altolamprologus calvus for 80 Deutsche Mark EACH (in modern money that's 160€). The currency means it was before 2001, when getting these fish was really expensive. Today you pay 40-80€ for an adult tankbred, depending on the quality.

ferg42995

With my freshwater tank, maybe $16 for a peacock gudgeon? For my saltwater tank a zillion years ago, I'm guessing $75 -$100 as they were all pretty pricey.

ProudPapa

$12.00 for a koi angelfish.

Second place is $10.00 each for Dumbo mosaic guppies, but they're breeding like nobody's business (in fact, there was fry in the bag when I got home with them), so I hope to make that money back.

carsonsgjs

My ebjd cost me £35 (around $50). I only really see discus and zebra plecs in my lfs above the £100 mark.

TClare

What is the most you have ever spent on a single fish? Mine was $25 for a false zebra pleco.
Mine $20 for the same pleco (Colombian zebra L 129). Next were the Laetacaras $15 each.

Janice1979

For a single fish; $12 or $13 for my peacock gudgeons. Worth it though because not only do I love the personality of these little fish and enjoyed them as my first breeding project...but also because the sale of their fry is paying for the school of CPD I’ve been wanting but not sure if wanted to spend that kind of money.

Those of you with the expensive plecos, are they worthit? Do you seen the pleco often? I have been tempted to splurge on one, but afraid I’d never see it.

Dennis57

3 years ago I paid 100.00 for a gold nugget

BigManAquatics

For a single fish; $12 or $13 for my peacock gudgeons. Worth it though because not only do I love the personality of these little fish and enjoyed them as my first breeding project...but also because the sale of their fry is paying for the school of CPD I’ve been wanting but not sure if wanted to spend that kind of money.

Those of you with the expensive plecos, are they worthit? Do you seen the pleco often? I have been tempted to splurge on one, but afraid I’d never see it.
My current plecos are all albino or super red bn plecos, and no one told them they were supposed to be shy. My gudgeons didn't get that memo either.

86 ssinit

BFA88E1E-6B96-40A9-9CE7-B89C0BDBAB3D.jpegThese guys were 70 each before shipping!

mimo91088

Per individual fish? $50 on my oranda Alexander Hamil-fin. Was actually a steal too!

Janice1979

My current plecos are all albino or super red bn plecos, and no one told them they were supposed to be shy. My gudgeons didn't get that memo either.
I’ve never heard of bristle nose being shy. My gudgeons certainly weren’t either. The dominant male especially who would come right up to the glass and watch me. He really liked to give me the stink eye when I’d try to peer into his pod to see if he had eggs or a female in there. Lol! None of mine have been picky eaters like I had seen warnings about when researching them.

BigManAquatics

I’ve never heard of bristle nose being shy. My gudgeons certainly weren’t either. The dominant male especially who would come right up to the glass and watch me. He really liked to give me the stink eye when I’d try to peer into his pod to see if he had eggs or a female in there. Lol! None of mine have been picky eaters like I had seen warnings about when researching them.
Think the picky eaters is more for the wild-caught ones, but they have become a popular enough fish i think most are tank bred now. And yeah i got a male like that, i call him Papa Gudgie...currently sitting on his 4th pile of eggs in the last 3 weeks or so.

Dennis57

Out of the 14 plecos I have, I see 3 most of the times. The others I don't see them for weeks, so times Months.

TClare

Out of the 14 plecos I have, I see 3 most of the times. The others I don't see them for weeks, so times Months.
That gives me hope, I have not seen my most expensive fish, the L129 pleco, for ages now, I am regretting putting it in the biggest, most thickly planted tank....

jtjgg

$7.99 blue oranda

JLAquatics

Most expensive fish I bought so far is a Clown Pleco for $4.99. However, this will change quite soon. ;)

Most expensive animal (including inverts) I got for an aquarium was a group of 12 Cherry Shrimp for $5.99 each. I now got hundreds though, so worth every penny!

Most expensive living thing (including plants) I got for my aquarium was an Amazon Sword plant for $15.99, too bad I am not good at growing sword plants though, it is only a fifth of the size it once was.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I think 14 dollars on an angel.

CHJ

2-300$ Mbu, Chubby pleco, a few others. I don't think I have broken the 300$ barrier.
Of course I have dream fish in teh 2K range that I hope to have one day. Australian lung fish. Super Red, cross river puffer, etc.

Now most expensive owned is a completely different number.

Cheesecake

$30 also on a rare Pleco lol. No one even knows what type he is here. Identified as a Ranger Pleco from the folks on Planet Catfish, but he’s over a year old and still under an inch.

Ask DarkOne. He's the god of plecos.

I think the most expensive was $20 for a betta.

DarkOne

Ask DarkOne. He's the god of plecos.

I think the most expensive $20 for a betta.
That's flattering but hardly true. I do love plecos though and I have quite a few. I answered his pm.

The single most expensive fish are my sunshine plecos. I have 2 L253 and a L014. They were $100 ea. I bought a 6pk of L134's for about $350 shipped and 5 L128's for $180.

Patman0519

40 bucks for my black ghost knife.

Mistacliff

I just got a zebra pleco for $30 which so far is my highest. I always feel like a cheapskate at my lfs as they specialize in special order fish that are listed over 3k. All the fish I have them bring in for me are usually under $10.

86 ssinit

I just got a zebra pleco for $30 which so far is my highest. I always feel like a cheapskate at my lfs as they specialize in special order fish that are listed over 3k. All the fish I have them bring in for me are usually under $10.
Good price for a zebra pleco. They’re over a hundred here. Very hard to find!

SpaghettiandLeaves

My Apistogramma Agassizii were marked for $30 each, but my LFS gave me them for $12 each.

jinjerJOSH22

I think my most expensive was my Delhezi Bichir 35 pounds and then my first pair of Black Paradise Gourami ran around 25 pounds each.

mc12345

I spent $90 on a medium sized gold severum. He was about 4 inches when I got him.

MyFishAddiction

Dang, that's crazy! Lowest I can find them for is 120!

TClare

I spent $90 on a medium sized gold severum. He was about 4 inches when I got him.
About $15 that size here! Nice fish though...
Dang, that's crazy! Lowest I can find them for is 120!
Could it be a Colombian zebra, L129? Those cost a lot less than the true zebra....

mc12345

We don't have a lot of good pet stores here in New Jersey. Everything seems to be overpriced at the ones we do have. Don't regret it though. Awesome fish and very fun to watch.

Mistacliff

Could it be a Colombian zebra, L129? Those cost a lot less than the true zebra....
I looked up the zebra pleco, definitely not a true zebra.
And thanks a lot everyone, now I really want a real zebra pleco and I’m sure my wife will shut that one down.

TClare

I looked up the zebra pleco, definitely not a true zebra.
And thanks a lot everyone, now I really want a real zebra pleco and I’m sure my wife will shut that one down.
The Colombian Zebra pleco is still a very nice fish though, just that I hardly ever see mine...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Motherlovebetta
Replies
Views
ThatOneGourami
Replies
Views
DarkOne
Replies
Views