How much garlic guard to use Question

1. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

Hello :)

After reading about the benefits of using garlic guard I managed to find some today finally but the the instructions aren't well really there at all.
    I have a couple of questions before I use it :)

How long should you soak the food for? Does it depend what kind of food you are feeding?

How much garlic guard to use? Just enough to cover the food?

Possibly silly questions but I like to be certain before using something new

Thank you in advance

2. L

LyleB Well Known Member Member

I'm very new to using it. I'm following Matt's suggestion. I use a small medicine cup. I place 3 or 4 Betta pellets in the cup, use an eye dropper to just cover them with garlic guard, then let them sit for about 3 minutes. Limiting the liquid and time like this has prevented them from turning to mush.

3. OP
    OP
    Magoo

Garlic guard

Hello Lyle thank you for the reply :) I shall do as you suggest tonight I will be using pellets tomorrow I will be trying the boys on frozen blood worms as Mordin still hasn't figured out they are food bless him :)

4. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

That's pretty similar to how I do it :) I always put a few drops on frozen food; soaks it and helps it thaw at the same time :) I only soak larger pellets because small ones turn to mush so quickly and foul up the water.

5. OP
    OP
    Magoo

Garlic guard

The pellets sunk a bit but to my surprise both Mordin and Henry went straight after them :) I guess they must like the garlic guard Mordin is still hanging at the top begging for food lol