90 Gallon Tank How much flow in a 90 gallon angelfish tank?

ActualPisces

Hi, I bought a used 90 gallon Juwel Rio tank with an Eheim Professional 4+. I've had it for about two months now and it's stocked with 6 small angelfish, 6 emperor tetras, 6 corydoras sterbai, 6 corydoras aeneus venezuelas, a longfin bristlenose pleco, wood and plants - and water parameters (and fish and plants) are just fine. But I'm worried that there isn't a lot of flow in the tank. The guy that I bought it from used a wavemaker, but it's way too strong for my fish and plants alike. I also have a 30 gallon Juwel Lido, and its built-in filter has a lot more flow. I don't know if there's anything wrong with the Eheim? It has a spray bar - should I change that to something else?
Sorry for all the details, but I find that people very often ask a lot of questions in reply to questions, so I thought I'd supply some answers ;-)
Thank you in advance.

A201

If you are just concerned over the lack of water circulation, there are numerous power head options available.
A Fluval FX 4 would provide more than enough filtration & flow for a 90 gal. if filtration is the issue.

ChrissFishes01

I really wouldn't be TOO concerned about flow. You don't want completely dead spots in a tank, but even slow, mild flow will be enough to keep things oxygenated throughout.

Instead of going too crazy with anything, I might suggest just investing in a couple airstones. You'd be surprised at how much flow they create.

ActualPisces

Hey, thanks for the replies. I went to the store that originally sold it and found out that I hadn't closed up the spray bar at the end :-D There you go. It's much better now, and the fish even seem more active - but perhaps that's because they also got a few new tank mates from that store.
Thanks again!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
FishDin
Replies