How Much Flakes Is Enough for Four Platy? Question

1. D

Deltoy New Member Member

Hey, I'm new to this site because I'm new to being a fish owner! Recently, I bought for platys in a 5.5 Gallon fish tank. Anyway I'm going to be posting more questions on platys because I need help with basics.Questions: How much flakes should I put in the tank with all four of them? It's hard to put them in separately because on or two just eats most of it. I just got the fish in the tank this afternoon so... I fed them 8 flakes at around 7-8ish PM, and I'm planning to feed it around 9-11 AM. So how much is enough too make all of them at least all eat lol.ALSO! Is it okay if I only feed them that for a while or do I need to put mixture into their meals? But the crisps contain stuff like algae meal, fish meal, dried yeast and shrimp brine.

Attached Files:

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Every fish is different. But you should usually feed them which they can consume within 3-5 minutes. If there's left over food after the few minutes you might be feeding them a little too much. If they eat it before the five minutes put in a little pinch more. As for the fish food. It's best to feed different types of food to vary their diet. And it's okay not to feed them a day or 2 so they can digest their food well and not get bloated.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. OP
    OP
    D

Deltoy New Member Member

So first feed is kind of like a guess?