How Much Flakes Is Enough for Four Platy? Question

1. Deltoy Initiate Member

Hey, I'm new to this site because I'm new to being a fish owner! Recently, I bought for platys in a 5.5 Gallon fish tank. Anyway I'm going to be posting more questions on platys because I need help with basics.Questions: How much flakes should I put in the tank with all four of them? It's hard to put them in separately because on or two just eats most of it. I just got the fish in the tank this afternoon so... I fed them 8 flakes at around 7-8ish PM, and I'm planning to feed it around 9-11 AM. So how much is enough too make all of them at least all eat lol.ALSO! Is it okay if I only feed them that for a while or do I need to put mixture into their meals? But the crisps contain stuff like algae meal, fish meal, dried yeast and shrimp brine.

Attached Files:

2. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Every fish is different. But you should usually feed them which they can consume within 3-5 minutes. If there's left over food after the few minutes you might be feeding them a little too much. If they eat it before the five minutes put in a little pinch more. As for the fish food. It's best to feed different types of food to vary their diet. And it's okay not to feed them a day or 2 so they can digest their food well and not get bloated.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Deltoy Initiate Member

So first feed is kind of like a guess?