How much fish food you give all your fish?

Dark_Rider2k3
I'm just curious as to how much fish food you give all your fish?

I was told to feed then once every 2 days, but i've also heard every day and even twice a day.

What do you suggest? So far my fish eat almost everything I give them, but I don't want to overfeed them.

Thanks guys!

Dino
I feed what they can eat in about 2 minutes here, twice a day.

Remember, in most fish, their stomachs are about the size of their eyes.

Butterfly
I feed what they can eat in about 2 minutes here, twice a day.

Remember, in most fish, their stomachs are about the size of their eyes.
Me too and on the days I do a water change I don't feed them at all. A fast day once a week won't hurt them at all. gives them a chance to completely clear their systems.
Carol

Dark_Rider2k3
Thanks everyone!!

I am also guessing it's trial and error on the amount to feed them.. I was just afraid that they wouldn't know when to stop eating ya know?

MissMTS
I usually feed about 2 flakes per fish and I feed them twice a day. I agree with Butterfly. I fast my fish once a week as well.

susitna-flower
I think over eating is more of a problem if they are starved and only fed every other day. I feed twice a day, and you are right it is something you have to observe and maybe get it wrong once in awhile. But you can generally see if food falls to the bottom, and isn't eaten.

A good reason to have fish living in all areas in the tank. If the top feeders don't get it, the neons snap up the little pieces that fall through the water column, then if it gets by them the corys pick it off the substrate. The thing to remember is variety some flakes, some blood worms, and other favorite foods.

Dark_Rider2k3
Thank you!
I do have another ? (Put it in the catfish section but this may be more appropriate)

My upside-down Catfish.. I never ever see him eat.. he is DEFINITELY getting bigger, and he looks happy, but idk if he is eating?

Is there anything special he will eat? I am only feeding fish flakes (though i'm going to get cucumbers today to feed my fish)

Butterfly
You can get little wafers made by HikarI for Corys and plecs that are perfect for your Upside down cat. Omega One Veggie wafers are good also. If he's getting bigger I would definitely say he's eating
You can't really tell about how much a fish needs because most will eat until you quit feeding them. Then what goes in comes out and your water parameters zoom up
I tend to over feed my angels because they beg so cute but I know I have to do extra water changes if I'm going to do that.
Carol

COBettaCouple
I feed our fish twice a day. Each feeding is about half of what I'd feed per day. Breaking up the feeding like that is good for their digestion, I think.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views
DoraCory
  • Question
Replies
Views
FBI
Replies