How much filtration you could have in a 75

Colbyxxs

Hey guys,
So I was curious as to how much filtration you could have in a 75. Right now I have a crappy top fin canister filter, my marineland penguin 350, and a dual HOW sponge filter. my media is good in both canister & HOB. But I was curious as to if it’d be too much for them or what. My water level is pretty high so I can somewhat calm the current from the 350. My canister is at about half power. What would be the best scenario filtration wise?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• 7E299D76-93C1-4FF2-984A-60DB795C1AEB.jpeg
    7E299D76-93C1-4FF2-984A-60DB795C1AEB.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 24

Dunk2

Hey guys,
So I was curious as to how much filtration you could have in a 75. Right now I have a crappy top fin canister filter, my marineland penguin 350, and a dual HOW sponge filter. my media is good in both canister & HOB. But I was curious as to if it’d be too much for them or what. My water level is pretty high so I can somewhat calm the current from the 350. My canister is at about half power. What would be the best scenario filtration wise?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
As long as you’re not blowing your fish around the tank and they’re not struggling to swim, there’s no such thing as too much filtration IMO.

86 ssinit

Tank looks fine! Also looks new and not to many fish. How old is it and what fish do you have. Your filtration is fine. The 350 is a good filter I’ve got 3 that are at least 3-5yrs old. It’s best to get rid of the cartridge it comes with and replace with a sponge and some other media in front of sponge. Mine have been using the same sponge and media for the last 3 years.

jtjgg

depends on the current. as long as the fish and plants are ok.

on my 75g i have a pair of Tidal 110s (450gph each), and a sump tank (400 gph pump). for a combined 1,300 gph

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Dechi
Replies
Views
Colbyxxs
Replies
Views
Dunk2
  • Question
Replies