How Much Do You Pay For A Krib?

yukondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Always wondered how much fish in different areas where. Here they are ridicules 15.00 a pop.

JeffK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
In PA it's somewhere in the $6 - $10 range. Considering how easy they breed, you'd think supply would be greater than demand....

fissh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've seen nice ones sell at Petco and Petfart for as little as $3.50 and up to $9, the very few LFS around here get more.

Five 97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I can get regular kribensis at my Lfs for $7 ea. As Jeff said, their common and easy to breed so they don't go for much, apparently around here anyway.

$15 is definitely over the top, their are some other less common pelviachromis That I'd pay that much for, but not for common kribs.

Catfish12345

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
There's a breeder here selling them each for $3, I think. Nice size too

yukondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They started out at 6.99 a few weeks later they jumped to 15.99, I breed them and trade them to the LFS , the bummer is my male died and I have to buy my own fish back at full price, I really need a male but refuse to pay that price again.

NavigatorBlack

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In local stores, $6.99 is the standard. We have a local guy who breeds a beautiful red variety that looks a lot like the legendary Pelvicachromis sacrimontis reds, minus the blue face. But even a krib (P pulcher) that nice is inexpensive. Supply and demand.
I breed P kribensis (which isn't the hobby 'krib" - it used to be P taeniatus) and they go for around 20-30 a pair. But they are way less common than the hobby 'krib".
The names are a mess. The original importers way way back mistook P pulcher for kribensis, and the wrong name stuck.

Wild pulcher/kribs go for around $20 each, but are not seen often.

TwoHedWlf

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
About $15 usd for standards, more for albinos, golds, etc.

Namtab

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have only found one store that sells kribs, (only the wild type though) and those go for around 15-20$

Sepehr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello!
They are pretty rare in my country and I have seen them once in LFS and it was 3$

yukondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
These are just the hobby kribs, we never get any "good ones", although I did run across a nice albino female and she has given me a nice batch of albino fry. Most well be going to a fellow member, I'm going to keep about 6 and see how they turn out.

yukondog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ordered three 2" from Petco for 5.99 ea. Should be here by Tuesday next week.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom