How much do you feed your fish?

Hemikyle

Hello, I know ive been asking questions on this website like a mad man lately haha. How much do you feed your fish?

Do you feed them until they stop freaking out and swimming to the top of the tank?

Do you use a measure cup? Or time it?

Just curious as to what's your methods. Thanks.

kbn

As much as they can eat in 2 minutes is a good rule

kbn

What fish do you have?

Mandy627

Hemikyle said:
Hello, I know ive been asking questions on this website like a mad man lately haha. How much do you feed your fish?

Do you feed them until they stop freaking out and swimming to the top of the tank?

Do you use a measure cup? Or time it?

Just curious as to what's your methods. Thanks.
Your fishes stomach is usually as big as one of their eyes. (Usually) so depending on size of fish it really depends. My killifish can eat about 10 black worms a piece or more. My African bush fish can fit 100 probably

Mertgezer

It depends from tank 2 tank but generally 2/3 times a week for adult nano fish, 2/3 times a month for adult mid/big size fish. But i have shrimps on all my tanks.

jake37

Fishes are always hungry; don't let them trick you into feeding them 5x what they need. I tend to feed my fishes twice a day - for guppies i just put in a pinch; they can always eat the algae if they are really hungry (yes most live bearers eat ton of algae). For young fishes (i've been raising some angel frys) I feed them three times a day and a bit extra to encourage good growth (to be honest i could feed them 5 times a day and they would still beg for food). I tend to give them a bit more than guppies but not so much i still see food in the tank after a minute or two. Bottom feeders like loaches and cory are a bit more problematic. I feed them pellets and it can take them 15 or 20 minutes to eat the bulk of it - but it is not impossible a few pellets will take them a bit longer to find. I try to put in 1/2 to 1/4 a pellet for cory and a pellet to pellet and 1/2 for larger (5+ inches) loaches. I sort of gauge if i should feed them less or no by how they behave. The older loaches tend to be aloof 'cept when hungry. When hungry they being to get aggressive towards food (to the point of aggressively chasing away other fishes) depending on how hungry they are become.

Hemikyle said:

Hemikyle

Hey guys so I have 29 total Cichlids. 1 Tropheus, 1 blood parrot, 2 white lip mdokas, 2 yellow lab mbunas and the the rest are peacocks.

In my other 75G QT I have 7 peacocks 3 of which are full grown 5-6 inches. I also have 3 frontosa that are about 5-6 inches also. Then I have 4 small leopard catfish.

ForceTen

Top Bottom