How much do I feed my betta?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Deesk06, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Deesk06Valued MemberMember

Okay I need to know if I am doing this correctly!! I feed him once a day. I feed him 2 mini pellets and 1 blood worm! That's all!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

Do you feed blood worms very day? When I had a betta I only fed him 2-3 pellets or flakes a day. Once or twice a week frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp.

3. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I'd normally use pellets as a staple food and bloodworms as a treat only once a week.

4. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

I fed pellets once a day, three daily. I've been meaning to get bloodworms as a treat for my fish, though.

5. Tman2902

Tman2902Valued MemberMember

I do 3-4 pellets twice a day, in the morning and at night. Mind you that should be regulated depending on the size of the betta. The stomach of a betta is roughly the size of their eye apparently. So they dont require as much when compared to other fish.
    Good luck with you betta buddy!
    -T

6. GeoffreyWell Known MemberMember

Hmm, so am I feeding too much? I feed 3 pellets twice daily, so 6 total per day.

I've been meaning to get bloodworms and brine shrimps for awhile too. How do you guys feed them? How many do you feed?

7. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Thats about right, I feed 6-8 pellets a day, split into two portions.

8. BornThisWayBettas

I used to feed my betta about six pellets a day, three in the morning and three at night. But then I switched him over to just once in the morning, three pellets, when I learned that it wasn't necessary for him to eat so much so often.

9. GeoffreyWell Known MemberMember

Okay, I trust you and Brandon more than myself so I think I'll do the same now.

10. OP
    OP
    D

Deesk06Valued MemberMember

Awesome! Thanks guys..some of you say 3!!some say 6!! So I'm gunna do about 4-5 daily!

11. BornThisWayBettas

Cool! No problem! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice