How Much Co2 For 75g

Igor95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Found this video for affordable co2, was wondering if anyone can confirm if that would be enough for a 75g? The plants in currently are 1 anubias nana, 2 java ferns, 1 amazon sword, and 8 stems of green cabomba. WILL BE ADDING ALOT MORE PLANTS, trying for a dutch style aquarium look after I get everything ready.
The supplies are in this video's description, thanks for anyone who actually looks at it

Jocelyn Adelman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
In theory... sort of.
A 20oz paintball canister will run out pretty quickly on a 75... you are better off skipping on the adaptor and getting a co2 tank.

Only thing he is missing is a check valve (Amazon sells some brass ones).

In short, yes it will work (plus a check valve) but you will be refilling often.

Igor95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
you're right now that I think about it, better not to cheap out

aniroc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am questioning the "dual stage" regulator. I'd call it "dual gauge" not "dual stage".
I also have a problem with the canister kept horizontal as CO2 under pressure is in a liquid form.

ounderfla69

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
He also put teflon tape on the paintball adapter where it doesn't need to be used, there is a nylon wafer that goes between adapter and the CGA320 connector.

Igor95

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ok thanks everyone, I see the flaws and if I do upgrade, I'll just get a 10lb canister instead of trying to cheap out

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom