How much and how often should I feed my neon tetras?

emmaewhite

I finally added some fish to my aquarium yesterday! I bought 6 neons and have them in a planted 10 gal. They seem to be adjusting pretty well to the aquarium and are very alert and active. I got them some Hikari micropellets and frozen baby brine shrimp. So far I've only fed them the pellets and they ate them up pretty quickly. I read to feed them as much as they would eat in a 2 minute period 2-3 times a day. Is that what I should be doing? I just don't want to overfeed them.

stephpartin

emmaewhite said:
I finally added some fish to my aquarium yesterday! I bought 6 neons and have them in a planted 10 gal. They seem to be adjusting pretty well to the aquarium and are very alert and active. I got them some Hikari micropellets and frozen baby brine shrimp. So far I've only fed them the pellets and they ate them up pretty quickly. I read to feed them as much as they would eat in a 2 minute period 2-3 times a day. Is that what I should be doing? I just don't want to overfeed them.
Yes only feed them what they can consume in 2 minutes. Take out any left over food. I have read that you can feed them multiple times a day in small doses as they are active schooling fish and need the food for energy. I personally only feed once per day and once a week I skip feeding them. It helps clean out their system and cuts down on any algae outbreaks:))

Vivo

Return your baby brine shrimp before you open it. It is too small.

I bought frozen baby Brian shrimp the other day opened it added it to my tank for my neons and it was like dust. False advertising that it says for small fish. Only for frye. I to believe in smaller amounts 2 to 3 times a day, it gives them something to do and helps prevent bloat. Haven’t decided about fasting for a day. It just feels to mean LOL

Top Bottom