How many?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How many ghost shrimp would I be able to put in a 1/4 full 10 gallon tank with an amono shrimp already in there? It is going to hold all my young java ferns and will be outside during the day and inside during the night since our nights are still a little chilly. It will have some gravel and maybe a cover so the shrimp don't escape. I would aprreciate an answer before tomorrow when I might be going to the lfs based on the answer after work tomorrow.
Tom

vin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but I can tell you that to the best of my knowledge they won't put too much of a stress on the bioload of the tank...Especially since they are scavengers and eat leftover food , algae and fish waste.....

griffin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
pretty much as many as you want, within reason. i'd be more concerned about the number you can fit while still allowing each one freedom to move around freely. also, i'd be concerned about the daytime temps outside. not sure where you are, but it's pretty toasty out there during the day around here.

darkwolf29a

Valued Member
Reaction score
I got 20 for my 55. And I think I bought plenty. It didn't take them long to clean the place, that's for sure. I only ever see about 10 to 12 at a time, but...I don't where the rest of them went. I do know that they don't have anything that will eat them, unless my pleco goes carnivirous, in which case...I'm more worried about the guppies. LOL

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom