How Many Yellow Can I Fit In My Tank W/photo

1. T

TehBalal New Member Member

i got a 30 gallon tank and I wanna keep yellow lab I wanna know how many can I fit and I don't have a hiding spots just got drift wood in middle and some live plants in the back I already have 2 yellow lab I also have a canister and a hob filter on it so how many can I fit
    THE GOLDFISH IN THE PHOTO WAS THERE TEMPORARILY CAUSE THE FILTER STOPPED WORKING IN MY GOLDFISH TANK AND TGEY WRERE ALMOST SIMILAR IN TEMP

Attached Files:

2. ShawnFish

ShawnFish Valued Member Member

Yellow labs will 95% of the time eat your plants. Please keep a group of about 8, 2 males, 6 females. Do not feed anything but algae based foods. No allinone cichlid foods. The subdominants may have nip marks, this is normal and will stop.

3. OP
    OP
    T

TehBalal New Member Member

Anyone else suggestions

4. Castiel*

Castiel* Well Known Member Member

As with almost any African Cichlids I recommend a 40g breeder being the minimum for them, though a 55g (48" width) tank should be the smallest they are kept in, just in my honest opinion and experience. They are some of the most docile Africans, but can get aggressive if there are too many males or their tank is too small.

5. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

30g isn't big enough to keep African cichlids , IMO a 55g at the very minimum.