How many Tiger barbs for 36 gallon aquarium

ShorKie

How many Tiger barbs do you think I could keep in a 36 gallon aquarium, just Tiger barbs and nothing else. But are there any fish that can live with Tiger barbs?

ForceTen

I have 12 in my 40 gallon breeder. I have not lost one in 3 years. They are by themselves.
I would say 12 is fine for your tank.
Some around here have indicated that tigers can coexist with others in the tank. I am not going to try as they killed a 6" long pleco within 24 hours of being added to the aquarium.
So keep an eye on this thread. There will be ideas for tank mates.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

If i do tank mates with tiger barbs, i usually like something that might nip back.

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

I once had a fish person tell me tiger barbs can be deadly if kept in too small a group or too large a group. They said less than 5 and they kill because they are insecure and more than 10 they kill because of a "mob mentality". It led me to try another type of fish as I had fish already. I personally think there are other semi-aggressive fish that could work but I didn't want to try it.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

8-10 is a pretty good number, they focus mostly on themselves that way.

Upvote 0

ShorKie

I have 12 in my 40 gallon breeder. I have not lost one in 3 years. They are by themselves.
I would say 12 is fine for your tank.
Some around here have indicated that tigers can coexist with others in the tank. I am not going to try as they killed a 6" long pleco within 24 hours of being added to the aquarium.
So keep an eye on this thread. There will be ideas for tank mates.
Thank you for the information.
8-10 is a pretty good number, they focus mostly on themselves that way.
Thank you
I once had a fish person tell me tiger barbs can be deadly if kept in too small a group or too large a group. They said less than 5 and they kill because they are insecure and more than 10 they kill because of a "mob mentality". It led me to try another type of fish as I had fish already. I personally think there are other semi-aggressive fish that could work but I didn't want to try it.
Thank you

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
  • Question