How many tanks should be set up at once?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by teddybear22482, May 24, 2006.

1. teddybear22482Valued MemberMember

Im buying a boat load of tanks off of a man I know. Most of what he has are 10 gal through 29 gal, but he does have the complete setup for a 40gal and a 120gal. There are 9 tanks in all....Im getting the at a great discount of $200!!!(including the 40gal and 120gal). My question is...Should I set up one tank at a time or would it be easier setting tham all up at once? I know I want to set up the 120 gal (saltwater) first then a marine quarantine, then the rest....Just curious if setting 9 tanks up at once would be a disaster...??? Thanks!

2. ManicivyValued MemberMember

Wow what a great deal!!!!! Good luck with that. I think its up to you...what you have time for! It might be better to stagger it a little bit so you dont fall behind or if you have a problem with one tank and have to focus on that one be forced to neglect the others. Plus you would be getting new fish over a longer period of time which would be nice! 9 tanks all at once does seem like a lot of work! But have fun with them and good luck!

3. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

There would be nothing wrong with setting them all up at the same time, but if you wanted to do it a little cheaper, You might want to stagger them about a month apart where you could seed filters from your cycled tanks to put in the new ones. Or you could just fishless cycle all of them at the same time with clear ammonia (not sure about the saltwater tank on this idea though).

4. MarcWell Known MemberMember

Saltwater tanks take a few months to cycle completely with live rock and live sand as far as I know.

5. leafgirl115Valued MemberMember

Star seting up your saltwater tank. Then choose a smaller tank to set up. This way you get fish in a month but you dont have a huge amount of work besides the saltwater:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice