How many sparkling gouramis for 10g?

schoney711

I recently bought a new 10g tank and am in the process of planting (it will be heavily planted) and cycling it. Once it is ready I will be moving my 2 African dwarf frogs into it. I am interested in sparkling gouramis and was wondering how many I can/should keep with the frogs, as well as what genders they should be. I'm not super interested in getting the gouramis to breed to I don't particularly want a pair (especially the male aggression that comes with spawning). Would 2-3 gouramis of the same gender do well together? Or should I go with 4 and hope I get a pair to ease aggression?

CrackerboxPalace

There is, in my experience, no serious aggression in sparkling gouramis that will amount to anything dangerous. The worst thing they'll do is fin nip, so to avoid fin rot you may want to do slightly more water changes than you usually would if you notice ripped fins. Plus the ADFs, I'd, just stick to 2-3.

Upvote 0

Pfrozen

I would do a much larger colony of at least 8. You should probably have both males and females

jinjerJOSH22 is the man to ask

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

I would do a much larger colony of at least 8. You should probably have both males and females

jinjerJOSH22 is the man to ask
Agreed here, Sparklers are quite good at killing each other when they are kept in low numbers and sexing is near impossible in store. Keep them in a nice sized group so they can socialize as much as they want.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Basil
Replies
Views
Megaanemp