How many snails?

lucky123

Reaction score
Hi everyone! A couple months ago I got a mystery snail to put in with my betta but sadly they didn’t get along so I transferred my snail, Scooter to a tiny extra 2 gallon tank. Now that it’s been awhile I was wondering if I could add another mystery snail to Scooter’s tank or if it’s to small? I’m open to other types of snails also! Thanks!

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I wouldn't, mystery snails get pretty big and have HUGE bioloads. Plus then you're risking them breeding and they can be pretty sneaky about it and then your tank could be overrun with mystery snails quickly. Generally a 5g is minimum for one, I personally say multiple should be in a 10g or more due to the high bioload

OP
lucky123

lucky123

Reaction score
Ok thanks! Is there any other types of snails I could add in? Or do you recommend just keeping it for one snail?

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lucky123 said:
Ok thanks! Is there any other types of snails I could add in? Or do you recommend just keeping it for one snail?
In that tank specifically? I wouldn't add any other snails aside from the mystery. You can probably get shrimp if you're really diligent about water parameters but other snails will compete for food and bioload

New Threads