How many shrimp in a 1 gallon?

tiktaalik

I won a 1 gallon tank from a contest the other day and though I was told that I could put a betta in it, it doesn't feel right to me, so I was hoping I could maybe put some neocardina shrimp in it?
The question is, how many? There tank came with an airpump-powered filter if that makes any difference. For now I'm going to set the tank up and cycle it but how many shrimp do you think I should start off with? 1? 2?
I've never kept a tank this small so any advice is appreciated. The smallest tank I have at home is a 10 gallon.

MyFishAddiction

You are definitely right about the betta. I've heard 10 shrimp per gallon, though I'm not sure if/how that works.

TheAnglerAquarist

I won a 1 gallon tank from a contest the other day and though I was told that I could put a betta in it, it doesn't feel right to me, so I was hoping I could maybe put some neocardina shrimp in it?
The question is, how many? There tank came with an airpump-powered filter if that makes any difference. For now I'm going to set the tank up and cycle it but how many shrimp do you think I should start off with? 1? 2?
I've never kept a tank this small so any advice is appreciated. The smallest tank I have at home is a 10 gallon.
Thank you for not doing the betta. With the shrimp It would depend what type.

ProudPapa

You could probably start with 5 or so neocaridinas. If you get mixed sexes the population should increase soon enough. I normally recommend starting with 10, but that's in larger tanks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Paigefav
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank First time stocking...
Replies
Views
AggressiveAquatics
  • Question
Replies
Views