How Many Rummy Nose Tetra?

MyFishFillet
I recently purchased 10 Rummy nose tetras for my 40 gallon breeder, 3 did not make it through quarantine. I was wondering how many I could have with my current stock. I am also planning on adding 10-12 KuhlI loaches in the future.

2 Gold veiled angelfish
2 GBRs
7rummy nose (soon to be added from qt)

9nerite snail
2mystery snails

Tank is pretty well planted but the most of the plants are relatively small atm.

Thanks

Feesh404
I believe your stocking is okay I would go for a BN Pleco instead of snails though

AlmostDragon
I think you could do about 12 rummynose max, nerite snails have a much smaller bioload than a pleco so take that into consideration

Feesh404
Blue Oranda said:
I think you could do about 12 rummynose max, nerite snails have a much smaller bioload than a bristlenose pleco so take that into consideration
True, but plecos are cool!

TexasDomer
BN plecos aren't temp compatible with OP's stock, so they would not be a good choice.

I would aI'm for a total of 10-15 rummynose. Two angels will take up a lot of space in the 40 breeder, but I think there's room for that many rummynose still.

DoubleDutch
TexasDomer said:
BN plecos aren't temp compatible with OP's stock, so they would not be a good choice.

I would aI'm for a total of 10-15 rummynose. Two angels will take up a lot of space in the 40 breeder, but I think there's room for that many rummynose still.
What makes you think so TD ?

TexasDomer
Because OP wants GBRs, and those are out of the temp range of BN plecos. As you wouldn't want to keep fish at the extreme ends of their range permanently, 77 F is the highest I'd keep a BN, and that's too low for GBRs.

BottomDweller
I think the stocking looks good. You could add a school of warm water cories or kuhlI loaches too I think. 10-12 rummy noses would be a good number.

Feesh404 said:
I believe your stocking is okay I would go for a BN Pleco instead of snails though
The snails would be better algae eaters and would have a lower bioload.
As TexasDomer said the BN needs cooler water than the rest of the stock so if a pleco was added a clown pleco would be a better option.

Edit: sorry I read it again and I see your already planning a school of kuhlis

TexasDomer
Clown plecos aren't good algae eaters, though you should be getting a pleco because you like them anyway, not for their algae eating capabilities

MyFishFillet
Sorry, I went to see a movie last light and didn't get back on until now lol.

Thanks for all the input guys! I personally do not like most plecos so that is why I don't have one, I also love the nerite snails as they chow down on algae. From all your guys' input, I think I am going to aI'm for 10-12 rummy nose

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom