how many platies? 10 Gallon Tank 

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
How many platies can one safely keep in a ten gallon tank. My platies keep having fry and i need to know how much longer till any new fry get to play their fate in the big tank.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would keep 4-5 max. I do however keep dozens of fry in 10 gallon tanks but that's just temporary.

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ya, I'm maxed out for tanks till I move (which won't be for several years). I'm pretty much maxed out on platies now then (considering adult, not current size) so next batch are food. Thanks!

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Is there anyway you can either sell them or do a trade/store credit at your LFS? I've heard that some do this. That seems better than letting them be eaten

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The nearest lfs to me is an hour or so away. Its just the food chain though, I don't see why so many people are bothered by it. My tank has lots of hiding spots, they have a shot. Of they survive great, if they become a snack, that's fine by me too.

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Alright, seeing as the LFS is quite a distance, I recant my statement. For me, the LFS is 6 blocks down the road so I thought I would suggest it But seeing as that's quite the drive, I understand your decision

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads