How many plants to get?

CJLand

I’m setting up a plant grow out tank, it’ll be my first experience with live plants after a lot of research. It’ll be low tech setup, I’m definitely on a budget. I just want some experience before I plant my main tanks. The tank is a 20 gallon long, has black diamond blasting sand (I will get root tabs), and a pretty good light (low light). Filtration is just a sponge filter which I may change if the flow isn’t great. What’s a good place to get plants? And the main question is, how many do I get? I want a good assortment of plants to see which do best and not so good in my water, but when getting plants is there a good number to get of each plant? I feel like it’s a dumb question but I never thought of it until now haha. Thanks for any advice!

Nickguy5467

I’m setting up a plant grow out tank, it’ll be my first experience with live plants after a lot of research. It’ll be low tech setup, I’m definitely on a budget. I just want some experience before I plant my main tanks. The tank is a 20 gallon long, has black diamond blasting sand (I will get root tabs), and a pretty good light (low light). Filtration is just a sponge filter which I may change if the flow isn’t great. What’s a good place to get plants? And the main question is, how many do I get? I want a good assortment of plants to see which do best and not so good in my water, but when getting plants is there a good number to get of each plant? I feel like it’s a dumb question but I never thought of it until now haha. Thanks for any advice!
i got most my plants a aquariumcoop.com they have a an easy guide on where plants go and types what not. if anything. nice place to look around at different plant types they have

Upvote 0

MasterPython

See if anyone is selling a bag of plant trimmings near you

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies
Views
Linda1234