How many people does it take to catch 19 kuhlis?

1. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

One. One single person... The question should be, "how long does it take this one person?"

:;fru

I'll find this funny one day. Friends will be like, "ha, remember the time your big tank leaked for the second time, and you spent more than 3 hours chasing loaches, and we laughed and said, 'see, Norwegian Pygmy mountain goats are mucheasier pets to take care of!' and you screamed at us and curled into a little ball and wouldn't talk to anyone for 6 hours? Ah, good times. Remember that?" and I'll laugh. Maybe. But I gotta catch 3917 loaches first.

... Then I'll laugh. :;bb

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

:;laughing

3. Gordinian Well Known Member Member

OMG. 3917 loaches?!? Good luck!

4. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Haha, I was just exaggerating :D I have 19. I think, anyway. Or maybe 21. No more than 21 anyway, lol.

Sigh. Break time is over. I gotta get back to netting the slipperiest little suckers I think we can own.

5. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

You must really like those critters.

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

It just feels like there are that many:;laughing I had to catch 22 when we emptied the loach tank and moved. It takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r!
    Carol

7. Gordinian Well Known Member Member

I was wondering how anybody would ever be able to count the EXACT amount of that many loaches!

8. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

You count them as you catch them :giggle:

9. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

now..i could share the secrete to catching loaches like kuhli and dojo..but first you must BEG!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No actully, it invloves 2 litre soda bottles.

10. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Do tell!

11. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

yes I am interested.... Personally I just used a very large net and very little water lol

12. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, just like catching tetras. LOL. Basically drain the tank.

13. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

YUP! found it soooo much easier to catch them that way. I also tend to have to sift the gravel with the net to find some stragglers. Which I why I hate having to tear down that tank. When I moved to the house now, I just left about 4 inches of water in the tank (put it about an inch above the substrate) and just left the fish in it during the move.