How many pearl gourami for a 29 gallon.

TheAnglerAquarist

This is just an idea for the future but I’d like to have some pearls because they are gorgeous. I was thinking 1-2 maybe 3 maximum?

Lucy

Pearls are gorgeous. I had one in a 29g. As it grew older and bigger I realized it would be better off in a larger tank. If not by volume, at least longer.
I wouldn't do it again so I'd recommend a larger tank for even 1 pearl.

Upvote 0

TheAnglerAquarist

Pearls are gorgeous. I had one in a 29g. As it grew older and bigger I realized it would be better off in a larger tank. If not by volume, at least longer.
Ok, so I have a 30 inch long tank. I’ll just find another future centerpiece
What gourami or centerpiece would you reccomend for a 30" x 12" x 18" tank?

Upvote 0

Sofiafish17

Is there anything else stocked in that tank or planned to go in yet?

Upvote 0

TheAnglerAquarist

That’s about it but I would be willing to do just pearls maybe a small pleco

Upvote 0

TheAnglerAquarist

Right now there are golden wcmm and Cory cats with a male betta but I am not adding anything for a while I want the current fish to be happy and not crowded

Upvote 0

Fishymom64

Have you considered honey Gourami’s? They are very peaceful and you could probably have one or two in that size tank. Very colorful and vibrant.

Upvote 0

TheAnglerAquarist

Have you considered honey Gourami’s? They are very peaceful and you could probably have one or two in that size tank. Very colorful and vibrant.
Yeah I have considered it and I like them but it would be nice to have a slightly bigger centerpiece so it sticks out from the crowd. And my golden white clouds might still be around, and they are the same color and same size. I really do like them though

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

I wouldn't advise another Gourami with a Betta in the tank. Huge potential for an angry Betta not liking a close relative living with them or a larger relative not liking the small boisterous one trying to pick a fight.

Upvote 0

Lucy

Right now there are golden wcmm and Cory cats with a male betta but I am not adding anything for a while I want the current fish to be happy and not crowded

This really should have been included in the first post.

Upvote 0

TheAnglerAquarist

This really should have been included in the first post.
Yeah sorry about that

Upvote 0

GatlingGun

Haven’t read the threads but since they get like 6 inches and they’re gourami’s, I would only do 1, but maybe in a 40 breeder or 55 you could maybe have 2-3. Just my opinion. I would definitely add other fish though, maybe pencil fish as dithers, heavily planted (if more than 1) and maybe danios or barbs to distract them even more. Try one first, but be warned… gourami’s are AGRESSIVE!
definitely

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

6 inches and they’re gourami’s, I would only do 1, but maybe in a 40 breeder or 55 you could maybe have 2-3.
Pearls don’t really get this big, around 4” is about as big as they come.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
  • Question
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
  • Question
29 Gallon Tank Skittish pearl gourami
Replies