How Many Peacock Gobys In A 20 Gallon High?

KaderTheAnt
I was online recently and saw a group of six PGs. My only available tank is a 20 gallon high with a sand substrate and 3 Albino Corys (it's a growout tank for them, they'll be going in my 55 gallon with their parents a when they're the right size). Would my tank be over stocked with the Corys and all six PGs?

aquatickeeper
In my opinion, tank will not be overstocked in 55 gallon.

I will get at least 3 more albino cories since they need a minimum of 6 in a tank of it's own species

Just out of curiosity, why are you posting this in the saltwater section?

lol
aquatickeeper said:
In my opinion, tank will not be overstocked in 55 gallon.

I will get at least 3 more albino cories since they need a minimum of 6 in a tank of it's own species

Just out of curiosity, why are you posting this in the saltwater section?
First, he asked whether a 20 gallon high would be overstocked, not his 55 gallon. He wants to add the Peacock Gobies into the 20 gallon high with the cories.

Secondly, these 3 are growing out, and will soon be with their parents and probably more cories. They're just alone while they grow out, as far as I know.

Third, I think he posted this in the saltwater section because he saw the "Gobies" tab, not realizing this section only is for SALTwater gobies.

KaderTheAnt
lol said:
First, he asked whether a 20 gallon high would be overstocked, not his 55 gallon. He wants to add the Peacock Gobies into the 20 gallon high with the cories.

Secondly, these 3 are growing out, and will soon be with their parents and probably more cories. They're just alone while they grow out, as far as I know.

Third, I think he posted this in the saltwater section because he saw the "Gobies" tab, not realizing this section only is for SALTwater gobies.
Lol, I just realized this is for salty gobies. I will add the corys to my large group (there's 6 others in the 55 gallon). lol is correct, I want to put freshwater gobies in my 20 gallon

JeffK
For a couple years, I kept 4 peacock gobies in my 15 gal (same footprint as your 20 gal high, your tank is just taller). They were housed with a honey gourami and 6-8 pygmy cories. Everyone got along great. Give them lots of hiding spots (PGs love tight, narrow caves made from pvc piping) and I think you'll be fine.

KaderTheAnt
Thanks JeffK! I'll be getting them soon then.

KaderTheAnt
Thanks JeffK! I'll be getting them soon then.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom