How Many Otto Cats In Species Only 20 Gallon Long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buganjimo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I’m not... amazing... at stocking, but I think 12 is a good number, stick all the info in aqua advisor and see about what stocking percentage you’re at. Aqua advisor isn’t 100% accurate but can be useful sometimes, you want to aim for 70-80% stocking to leave room for human error, plus, otos are pretty sensitive. But I think 12 is a good number, any second opinion?

OP
keeperofmanyponds

keeperofmanyponds

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have been feeding well with algae from my other tanks. I have an algae culture going in a seperate small tank but when the culture is done I will add more ottos. Do you think 12 is the ideal number?

OP
keeperofmanyponds

keeperofmanyponds

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What other species will you have will them?
I have no idea. I might do one betta fish but not sure. I want to do a single species otto tank for a while.

12+ is an ideal number.

What filter do you have?
Marineland penguin 30 gal capacity and aqua neat powerhead bubble filter 20 gallon capacity. So two filters combined 50 gallon capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
keeperofmanyponds

keeperofmanyponds

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have decided to move one of my current betta fish into the 20 gallon. He is so peaceful and hasn't hurt any of the shrimp he is with. I may stick with 12 ottos to keep the bioload down. I really love these fish they seem so easy to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom