How many of us are excited?

almightyfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How many of us are excited to be heading back to school today? (or soon)

Im not really...but then 7th year of my undergrad, it gets really old :-/ That, and the fact that summer has left makes it a very sad day! My bday(tomorrow) is supposed to be all about pool parties and hanging on the beach! Its raining and utterly nasty out. I just hope my classes are good this year!!! :-D

Microbial Physiology
Immunology
Biochemistry (the deep stuff)

How about the rest of you?

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
First day here too, waiting for my class that starts in half an hour. Second-ish year of undergrad (I started in spring as opposed to fall so I'm a little out of whack). It's super hot here and I'm not enjoying it at all xD

Physics (kinda fun? Maybe?)
Music History (blah)
Trigonometry (okay)
Manufacturing processes (I'm so excited. I get to play with power tools and stuff )

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I started my classes 2 weeks ago. microbiology, genetic engineering, and evolutionary biology. I can't wait.

almightyfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
fishingman....so jealous you get to take genetic engineering!

Ray Ray, Physics is pretty fun, if you have a cool prof like I had. Way to go with the power tools!!!

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Started last week. Need 2 classes to graduate with an Associates degree in Criminal Justice, so hopefully I finish that up this semester, then transfer for a Bachelor's of something.

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
fishingman....so jealous you get to take genetic engineering!
I am too. The professor that is teaching that class is the same guy who genetically engineered the glofish. He said this semester we actually learn how to do this!

Asialyn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I start school on September 8th. I'm very excited as it's my first year in Medical Radiation Technology (xray tech). It took me 3 years to get accepted.

atomcone

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I started last week on my 3rd year of undergrad...

EMT-B Class- Yay!
Anatomy/Phys 1- Blah
Intro to beginning group piano- easy A

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't go to school myself, but I sure am glad to see my 15 y.o. stepson go back to school so he can have more daily structure and focus in his life.....

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've been back for a week. This should be my last semester, which makes me sad. I enjoy school. If I ever get rich, I'm going to go back to school and keep getting degrees.

emanluke

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm not heading back today, but I start tomorrow (bright and early, 8:00am).

Marching Band
Jazz Ensemble
Camerata (Vocal Group)
Percussion Ensemble
Jazz Improvisation
Intro to Music Education
Music Theory/Ear Training
Educational Psychology
Sociology of Education

So glad to see some of you taking music classes.

Except for RayRay and Music History. May God be with you.

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was a band geek for 7 years from Middle school through high school. Did the concert bands and marching bands (drumline gotta love it). lol, fun times. There was nothing better then marching into the stadium on Friday night. I loved it, but not enough to continue it into College.

almightyfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
emanluke and slug I spent every fall doing marching band, from frosh year of HS till this year. In HS I played mello, then was Drum Major for 2 years, super fun! in college in this frigid north, I put up with so much just to keep marching, after last years drama on colorguard, Im done! No more wasted saturdays standing in snow and rain for me!!! (never liked football, just the band)

Biochem is going to be a pain :-/ the prof told us today that were going through half the book, 5ch every 2.5 weeks then an exam! Im scared!

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had to pick up an extra class to get more money from the GI Bill....no problem. Its worth it. My newest class, all we do is watch a movie per week and write a review of it (criminal justice themes included). I love it. Watching crime movies each week, yes please?

emanluke

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Haha Matt, that sounds fun. Almighty Fish, I love the mello. I'm a trumpet player (if the profile pic didn't give that away) but I would switch in a heartbeat.

I have to say Matt, I wouldn't have pegged you as a band geek. My roommate is on drumline, so I'm slowly being initiated to all of the crazy goings on of that group. I agree about the rush when you're marching down to the stadium. We've got our first game in two weeks and I'm pumped!

jenja

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I havent been to school in a long time! And this weekend is my 15 year high school reunion!! Should be interesting!

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
almightyfish said:
Ray Ray, Physics is pretty fun, if you have a cool prof like I had. Way to go with the power tools!!!
I like physics, I took a bit in HS. So yeah, my experience depends on my professor (who seems nice enough) and how fun labs are. Of course, I HATE lab reports.

emanluke said:
Except for RayRay and Music History. May God be with you.
I'm only taking it because film history was full :'( Should I start saying my prayers now?

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Awe I miss band!! Did it all through high school, played flute in the wind ensemble and alto sax in jazz band. I definitely have some "one time, at bad camp..." stories!

I'm going back on the 8th in my 2nd year of my bachelors degree, majoring in criminology. I'm taking...
Sociological explanations of crime
Psychological explanations of crime
Anthropology 1100 (intro level)
Reel physics

And no, the last one isn't a typo. It's a class meant for kids in the arts/social sciences that aren't gifted in math or science we are gonna learn about basic physics and be looking at movies (hence "reel") and see if the stunts could actually be done in real life, according to physics should be interesting!

It's cool to hear what everyone is taking!

almightyfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I agree Paigee its awesome to hear what others are taking! That Reel physics sounds interesting! Id like to take that class, and the genetic engineering that fishingman is taking! Ill leave biochem behind ;-) not my fav! Ochem...wish more of that was required!

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Reel physics sounds awesome. My physics class was awful. The instructor demanded that we call him "Dr. ___". He was a major pain. At one point, he wanted to know the volume of a sphere floating in an aquarium in the class, and he wanted to see the work. I gave him the correct answer and the page of equations I used to reach the conclusion. I failed, because I didn't use the equations he wanted us to (and no, he hadn't told us what equations to use).

I'm currently taking Advanced Creative Writing, Humor Writing, and I hope to be involved in a literacy internship (presuming the University Admin doesn't screw up my paperwork anymore.)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom