29 Gallon Tank How Many of Each Fish?

faywayway

I'm planning on getting these fish for my 29 gallon high tank:

Chili rasboras
Kuhli loaches
Banjo catfish
Black corydora catfish
Farlowella catfish

How many of each would make them happy while also not adding too much to the tank? I tried to choose fish that have lower bioloads bc of their sizes or activity levels. What do you think?

WRWAquarium

Hi

That is going to be allot of bottom feeders together.

Maybe.

10 rasboras
10 kuhli
8 Cory
1 banjo
1 farlowella

I don't actually know much about the banjo and farlowella catfish. I would stock another nano tetra species instead or a centerpiece fish. I think that many catfish in a 29 high tank footprint could be a bit too many though.

MacZ

Depending on the species of banjo catfish (some grow quite large) the number of Kuhli loaches might start to dwindle at some point. I wouldn't keep them together.

Also a bit of a problem: Kuhlis are a species that forages among leaf litter (as are banjo cats btw.) and gets into nooks and cravisses, Corydoras prefer open sand and some cover from driftwood and roots. So their requirements are a bit contrary and in a 29 I would think the footprint of the tank might be a bit on the small side. Not saying you can't keep them together I just think you can't give both all they need in the same tank, making it somewhat of a foul compromise.

The Farlowella might grow to quite a length (15-20cm depending on the species), so I wouldn't put them in a tank of at least 90-100cm length.

So probably this combinations are a possibility:
10 rasboras
10 kuhlis OR 10 Corydoras OR 2 banjos
1-3 Farlowella

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BiologicalNerd
  • Question
Replies
Views