Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

How Many (moreover, How Few) Sewellia Lineolata? Question

Discussion in 'Loaches' started by jaderivf, Apr 19, 2019.

1. jaderivfNew MemberMember

Hi!
    I currently have 1 sewellia, but I'm wondering how many of them I should have. Mine is currently fairly shy with me (will dart away if I approach faster than a crawl), but doesn't seem to be skittish with my wcmms, stiphodon, and the others in the tank. I've heard they can be kept singly, but I've also heard that corys can be kept singly. I've also heard that a minimum of 3, 6, or 'loose congregations' (whatever that would mean) would be best for them. I've also been interested in gastromyzon species; would they be a 'close enough' kind of...'stand-in' species to make my sewellia comfortable, or is it best to have two separate groups?
    Thanks, guys!

2. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Hi, I’ve not kept them but according to SeriouslyFish they’re social & found in groups in the wild so I’d probably say it’d be better to have at least a couple more if you have the room.
    Hang on though for more opinions, hopefully members who’ve kept them in groups can chime in.

3. jaderivfNew MemberMember

thank you, Coradee!

4. Sarcasm IncludedWell Known MemberMember

You should keep at least a group of 3, more depending on the size of them. They chase each other around and play when in groups, without hurting each other.
    I keep SEW 03 in 3 different tanks with groups up to a dozen.

5. jaderivfNew MemberMember

cool, thank you!!