How Many More Gouramis (if any?)

bcfishtanks

Hi, everyone. Just wondering if I can fit one more honey/thick-lipped gourami in my established, heavily planted 29g

Stocking:
13 glowlight tetras (currently 9. Finally picking up the last few this upcoming weekend to put in QT)
11 peppered cory catfish (1 has a birth defect that makes it permanently the size of a 1 month-old fry. Not sure how long it'll last, but I kept it since I couldn't sell it. I'd prefer to keep this school at 10).
2 honey gouramis (1 male and his female child)
1 thick-lipped gourami (1 female, the new "mate" of my male)
1 nerite

I'd like to get a mate for the younger honey. She's starting to get interested in chasing my male around, but he's infatuated with the thick-lipped gourami, so they'll probably be paired for a while (and I don't want to deal with inbreeding, so it all works out). The female honey is still pretty young (6-7 months), and with next batch of tetras soon to be in QT for a few weeks, it's not urgent. I'm just curious if I could fit another gourami. No big deal if not. I know it's good to have the females outnumber the males.

Livebearer08

Hi, everyone. Just wondering if I can fit one more honey/thick-lipped gourami in my established, heavily planted 29g

Stocking:
13 glowlight tetras (currently 9. Finally picking up the last few this upcoming weekend to put in QT)
11 peppered cory catfish (1 has a birth defect that makes it permanently the size of a 1 month-old fry. Not sure how long it'll last, but I kept it since I couldn't sell it. I'd prefer to keep this school at 10).
2 honey gouramis (1 male and his female child)
1 thick-lipped gourami (1 female, the new "mate" of my male)
1 nerite

I'd like to get a mate for the younger honey. She's starting to get interested in chasing my male around, but he's infatuated with the thick-lipped gourami, so they'll probably be paired for a while (and I don't want to deal with inbreeding, so it all works out). The female honey is still pretty young (6-7 months), and with next batch of tetras soon to be in QT for a few weeks, it's not urgent. I'm just curious if I could fit another gourami. No big deal if not. I know it's good to have the females outnumber the males.
I think you could fit another honey in. You may want to upgrade your filter to deal with the extra bio load and water changes will need to be done more frequently.

jinjerJOSH22

Another Honey shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.
I'd like to get a mate for the younger honey. She's starting to get interested in chasing my male around, but he's infatuated with the thick-lipped gourami, so they'll probably be paired for a while (and I don't want to deal with inbreeding, so it all works out).
Gourami don't really form pairs per say not like some cichlids do. So I don't think this should be an issue.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fergus
Replies
Views
bcfishtanks
Replies
Views
hross
Replies
Views