How many more fish can I add to my tank?

CHJ

There is can and should.
What is your filtration like? HOB(s) , can(s), just a foam, etc? Filtration has a huge affect on fish count.

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

A lot depends on your filtration, how much decor you have and how much room there is to swim since you have schooling fish. If you are going to add more I would add to the schooling groups- there should be 6 of each of the serpae, white skirts, and glofish tetras and the rainbows. I doubt you have enough room to bump them all up to 6. They are not usually happy and comfortable without a school of their own kind.

Upvote 0

Spudsssy

That's a tuff one. You have 5 schooling species in very low numbers... Minimum is considered 6 but for 55gal you should be aiming for much more. If was me I would focus on rainbow fish and do a larger school and re-home the rest. I wouldn't add angel fish with 3 dwarf gourami's.

I would focus on bottom dwellers instead to clean up leftover food that drops to bottom. Smaller species loach or school of Cory would be ideal.

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

The Glowfish Tetra/Longfin/White Skirt should all be the same species, so there is one group of 6 but adding more is a good idea. You'll want a few more Serpaes also.

I would avoid mixing the Angels with Gourami personally.

Keeping multiple male Dwarfs is rarely a good idea, I would keep an eye on them.

Upvote 0

sailesh10115

There is can and should.
What is your filtration like? HOB(s) , can(s), just a foam, etc? Filtration has a huge affect on fish count.

I have an Aqueon QuietFlow 75 Filter
I'm probably just not gonna get any angelfish and just get more serape tetras and get 4 more rainbowfish.
The only reason we didn't get 6 is because they only had 2 and are getting more today.

The Dwarf Gouramis are 1 male and 2 females so I think they are fine.
The Glowfish Tetra/Longfin/White Skirt all school together so I think they are fine but I might just get a few more of each also.

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

I have an Aqueon QuietFlow 75 Filter
I'm probably just not gonna get any angelfish and just get more serape tetras and get 4 more rainbowfish.
The only reason we didn't get 6 is because they only had 2 and are getting more today.

The Dwarf Gouramis are 1 male and 2 females so I think they are fine.
The Glowfish Tetra/Longfin/White Skirt all school together so I think they are fine but I might just get a few more of each also.
Could you post a picture of all three Gourami? Depending on where you are in the world, females aren't often sold and shops mis-sell males as females because they have "rounded fins". You may have two females posting a picture we can say for sure =)
It's always nice to see a members fish ;)

Upvote 0

sailesh10115

Yep, here you go.

Best I could do since they run away the moment they see me

Attachments

• IMG-3958.jpg
    IMG-3958.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-3956.jpg
    IMG-3956.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-3957.jpg
    IMG-3957.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 21
Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

Unfortunately all three of these are males and have a bit of fin damage by the looks of it

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

They look like 3 males- just different color variations of the dwarf. Males tend to fight if kept together.

Upvote 0

sailesh10115

What should I do?
Store wont take them back and I have no where to put them

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

What should I do?
Store wont take them back and I have no where to put them
Maybe try a different store, or try online if anyone In your area would want them.

Upvote 0

sailesh10115

Our local fish store took 2 of them back! So now we just have one, so he should be fine.

While we were there we got 2 cory’s and 2 serape ( should be 6 now), and ordered 4 rainbow fish (1 male, 3 females).

Is everything fine now?

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

I would wait and see. Sometimes on paper does not translate to real world. I will always suggest adding a second filter to the tank. Not only will it provide additional BB room and water filtration, but in case of failure you still have one working filter. I will also say that corys like to be in groups of 6 of the same type so later down the road you might want to add more of whatever kind you got. Also they need a sand or smooth rock substrate as they dig.

Upvote 0

sailesh10115

Alright, thanks for all the help!

I really appreciate everything!
I will let you guys know if I have any other questions.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sailesh10115
  • Question
Replies
Views
Highlander88
Replies
Views
Ellebrius