How Many More Can I Add? Question

1. Ioana Dog

Ioana Dog Valued Member Member

I have 5 albino cories, 3 female diamond tetras and 3 ornate (candy cane) tetras in a 45 gallon tank with an aquaclear 70 and 2 double sided sponge filters. I also have a bunch of plants. I’m having trouble finding more diamond tetras but I found candy cane tetras so how many can I add? The 3 female diamond tetras get along well but should I try to get more anyway (I would only get females)? If so how many? Should I have an aquaclear 110 instead of the 70? Thank you!

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

For schooling species, you need at least 6 per group. All your fish should be bumped up to schools of at least 6. As for how many you could get. You could probably get away with groups of 12 and still be under a bit. I wouldn't do anymore, but that's negotiable.

3. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

For schooling species, you need at least 6 per group. All your fish should be bumped up to schools of at least 6. As for how many you could get. You could probably get away with groups of 12 and still be under a bit. I wouldn't do anymore, but that's negotiable.

4. OP
    OP
    Ioana Dog

Ioana Dog Valued Member Member

12 cories, 12 diamond tetras and 12 ornate tetras?

Also - I don’t know if I can get more diamond tetras.