How many Italian Vallisneria?

ferg42995
I will be planting aquarium plants for the first time ever. I have a low tech 44 gallon tall pentagon corner tank with large gravel subtrate. The back 2 panels of the tank are 22 inches long each. In the corner where those two panels come together, I am thinking of putting either Dwarf Hygro or Ludwigia Repens. The rest of the 44 inches (when combined) I am thinking of planting Italian Vallisneria and a few Anacharis. How many Italian Vals would I need? How far apart should they be planted from each other? Thank you!

Advertisement
Finatic005
The Italian vals, once established, are very fast growing IME. You really shouldn't need many, maybe like 5-7 plants for the 44 inches.

ferg42995
Thank you so much! That is super helpful.

jake37
I was going to say 1 is more than enough but i'd just go with whatever min. number you can buy in a bunch. I'm sure StarGirl could sell you just one though shipping might not make it worth while

StarGirl
They spread fast, but if you want some in a single location you may just need a few. Idk you could start with 5 on each side and see if it fills it how you want.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Kribensis27
  • Question
Replies
Views
angelcraze
Replies
Views
FinalFins