How Many is Too Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LenFish

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My boyfriend and I have recently started a freshwater tank. The tank is a 75 gal tank and currently houses only 2 fish; one red tail shark (Bubbles), and one gold gourami (Easter...who is a male).
My boyfriend is rather obsessed with red tail sharks and wants to get at least one more. Since the tank is so big, would that be a safe idea?

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Len and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I have a Rainbow Shark in my 265g tank (much like the Red Tail Shark) and I wouldn't risk adding another one. Both of these are very territorial fish. I don't recall ever hearing or reading about 2 in the same tank that got along and lived out their life spans.

Personally I wouldn't risk it I think your shark will be much happier on its own and being able to enjoy that large tank by him/herself.

Ken

cm11599ps

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Len and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I have a Rainbow Shark in my 265g tank (much like the Red Tail Shark) and I wouldn't risk adding another one. Both of these are very territorial fish. I don't recall ever hearing or reading about 2 in the same tank that got along and lived out their life spans.

Personally I wouldn't risk it I think your shark will be much happier on its own and being able to enjoy that large tank by him/herself.

Ken

+1

OP
LenFish

LenFish

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks a bunch for all the input. Now the hard part will be explaining all this to my boyfriend. I don't know how well that will go over. He also wants to stick bala sharks in this tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom