How Many is Too Much?

Discussion in 'Red Tail Shark' started by LenFish, Apr 3, 2010.

1. LenFish

LenFish New Member Member

My boyfriend and I have recently started a freshwater tank. The tank is a 75 gal tank and currently houses only 2 fish; one red tail shark (Bubbles), and one gold gourami (Easter...who is a male).
    My boyfriend is rather obsessed with red tail sharks and wants to get at least one more. Since the tank is so big, would that be a safe idea?

2. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

Hmm, In a 75G I think you could give it a try :)

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Len and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I have a Rainbow Shark in my 265g tank (much like the Red Tail Shark) and I wouldn't risk adding another one. Both of these are very territorial fish. I don't recall ever hearing or reading about 2 in the same tank that got along and lived out their life spans.

Personally I wouldn't risk it :) I think your shark will be much happier on its own and being able to enjoy that large tank by him/herself.

Ken

4. cm11599ps

cm11599ps Well Known Member Member

+1

5. OP
    OP
    LenFish

LenFish New Member Member

Thanks a bunch for all the input. Now the hard part will be explaining all this to my boyfriend. I don't know how well that will go over. He also wants to stick bala sharks in this tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice