How many hours do you work a week?

tan.b
just being nosey really and i'm really bored! wondering how many people work and how many hours they do (do people have tank cos they're at home a lot to enjoy them, or have tanks cos they work long hours and need something to chill out with and relax after a long day?)..also be ineteresting which countries get the raw deal of working really long hours......your thoughts please...

Jimold
some weeks I work 30 hours, others I work 50... it's always different

tan.b
some weeks I work 30 hours, others I work 50... it's always different
you're florida aren't you! in the heat there you should get afternoon siesta's!! ;D

COBettaCouple
I never have worked.. just pretended to.

Jimold
tan, actually after about 5 years here I got used to the heat... but I whine like a baby when it gets colder than 65-70 degrees...

atmmachine816
Just a couple

Tom
The most I have worked in one week was 19 hours(3 days) and I only work on the weekends.
Tom

tan.b
I never have worked.. just pretended to.
lol! you practised that a lot at school (pretending to work!!) didnt you!!! you should be an expert in that field now!! very proficient!! tan

tan, actually after about 5 years here I got used to the heat... but I whine like a baby when it gets colder than 65-70 degrees...
I do to....which is a lot in the uk!! I hate the cold! I was cold yesterday. cold and rainy here at the mo....much moaning from me while my fingers go numb from the cold and my ears hurt with the wind!!!! I was def born in the wrong country! I wasn't designed for the cold at all!

Bonochick
I work fairly normal office hours...8.5 hour shift with an hour for lunch.

Jimold
tan, I'm sorry... I was born in NY. It's a lot like where you are. Very wet and cold. I hated it. If you ever get to the States, come visit me, I'll take you to all the nice warm beaches... you'll love it.

tan.b
tan, I'm sorry... I was born in NY.  It's a lot like where you are.  Very wet and cold.  I hated it.  If you ever get to the States, come visit me, I'll take you to all the nice warm beaches... you'll love it.
yay!!! I like warm....prefer hot though! save me a space on the beach!

Jimold
oh no worries, it's definitly hot!    I live about 15 minutes from clearwater beach

Muffymouse
Bring on the cold!!! It is way too warm if it gets over 78 degrees However, my dear husband loves it at that temp. I'm most comfortable when the air outside is below 55. As for work right around 30 hrs per week =))

Jimold
OMG... I turn into a total baby when it gets below 55...

Hazcop
I try to work as little as possible, but it seems that the hours do all seem to run together into long stretches. For a while I was working between 60 and 70 hours a week. > Now just over 40 a week. ;D

jlhetrick
Actually I'm working a second job seeing patient's in their homes about one visit a day and some on the weekend while my wife and I save money for a new house. I've already decided that the new house will have a room dedicated to my tanks to include it's own sink.

The reason for the tank initially was to involve my 3 yr. old grandson in a project. He's actually really into it. I'm 42 yrs old and never kept an aquarium before.

tan.b
oh no worries, it's definitly hot! I live about 15 minutes from clearwater beach
how lucky are you!! i'd get nowt done! i'd spend all my time on the beach!!

I don't like anything below 68F/20C 8)! I also don't like wind and I don't like rain and I don't like hail.....dont mind snow though as its not usually too cold when it snows and there's no wind when it snows. i'm def in the wrong country!!

vin
Some weeks its 40....Some weeks it 45 or more....when I'm really busy it's over 50.....

Bonochick

I turn into a complete wuss once it hits 70.

Jimold
tan: You'd love it here, except during the rainy season. You'd definitly be "Tan" in no time.

Bono: above or below 70???

Bonochick
tan: You'd love it here, except during the rainy season.  You'd definitly be "Tan" in no time.

Bono: above or below 70???

Above...guess I should have specified!

Jimold
Bono,
Ahhh, I see your from sunny Michigan...lol
Yeah, you'd melt down here.  I'm originally from upstate NY and it took me about 5 years to get used to the heat. 
You need to come visit in the winter... it's usually only in the 60'd to 70's.  And the beaches are still as pretty.

hey, I have an idea: You, tan, and all the rest of the forum should come visit. We could all go to Seaworld in Orlando and see some BIG fish!

armadillo
In theory, I should work 50, but my work often dries out, and then I am paid to make up clever lies about how I use my time. Last week was very fish-intensive, needless to say!

Bonochick
Oooh, I haven't been to Orlando since I was 9 years old. It was in February, so I was able to handle the heat all right then.

sgould
I usually work 40-45 hours per week. I am trying to figure out a way to work approximately 0 hours and still get paid the same, but so far I haven't come up with anything workable.

COBettaCouple
Oooh, I haven't been to Orlando since I was 9 years old. It was in February, so I was able to handle the heat all right then.

yea, Orlando is very nice in Feb.

sgould - if you'd be willing to give up your humanity, you could be a politician and have that no work, big pay job.

tan.b
tan: You'd love it here, except during the rainy season. You'd definitly be "Tan" in no time.
i'd have to find another country during the rainy season ! I need a tan!! getting very pale stuck in the rainy uk! meant to be nearly summer and its rained everyday!!

hey, I have an idea: You, tan, and all the rest of the forum should come visit. We could all go to Seaworld in Orlando and see some BIG fish!
yay!! no sharks though unless they're behind glass!!

I usually work 40-45 hours per week. I am trying to figure out a way to work approximately 0 hours and still get paid the same, but so far I haven't come up with anything workable.
I think armadillo is working on that theory too by the sounds of things!!

Jimold
tan, if you were here now, you'd have a beautiful tan in about 3 hours...
However, we do have Bull Sharks here, and they're definitly nasty!

COBettaCouple

lol.. although many tourists that come here have a nice lobster tan after 3 hours at the beach.

sgould
sgould - if you'd be willing to give up your humanity, you could be a politician and have that no work, big pay job.

Vote for me...I promise free pie for everyone!

Jimold
YEAH.... everyone loves pie!!!! :

vin

lol.. although many tourists that come here have a nice lobster tan after 3 hours at the beach.

Did you say lobster?? All you can eat here in New England!!! (And you can get a lobster tan too...) ;D

Dino
I work 54 hours a week at the post office , another 20 or so in the fishhouse, and about 100 or so at the North Pole operation.

Good thing I have clones.

Dino Claus

tan.b
I don't tend to burn, I tend to just go brown which is lucky. my sis however goes outside in winter and gets burnt! 8) so I'll eat the lobster rather than become a lobster! I'll eat the pies and sharks too! mmmm, getting quite peckish all this talk of food!!
dino I swear you and flbettacouple don't sleep or have some time travel machine to get through the amount of work you do! - let me know when you export these time machines! I could do with one!

COBettaCouple
dino I swear you and flbettacouple don't sleep or have some time travel machine to get through the amount of work you do! - let me know when you export these time machines! I could do with one!

See? that's why we keep telling you to watch the Doctor.

tan.b
lol!! why do you just borrow his?! how kind of him!

COBettaCouple
lol!! why do you just borrow his?! how kind of him!

well it won't be revealed until season 6, but when he & I were out on a jaunt to another dimension we found a 2nd Tardis and they had babies, so he let me keep one in thanks for finding it.

tan.b
well it won't be revealed until season 6, but when he & I were out on a jaunt to another dimension we found a 2nd Tardis and they had babies, so he let me keep one in thanks for finding it.
you def spend too much time watching and thinking about dr who :!

COBettaCouple
you def spend too much time watching and thinking about dr who :!

lol, I have to pick up the slack when certain brits don't watch it.

tan.b
lol, I have to pick up the slack when certain brits don't watch it.
i'm too busy watching th US programmes like csI to be able to watch our naf programmes!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
GenF211
  • Poll
  • GreenMan13
  • Polls
Replies
Views
Rosefire
Replies