How many GloFish in 10 gallon tank?

PhishFor20
Well it seems as if my tank is cycled. I lost 2 shrimp, a snail, and 1 guppy in the process so now I need to stock the tank back up. I have a 10 gallon tank and want to add maybe 1 or 2 more tuxedo guppy, and as many glow fish as I can. How many glow fish could I add? I'm prob gunna get another snail and a couple shrimp, but they don't really take up any space right?

COBettaCouple
Glofish are often nippers in groups of under 6. There's not really room for 6 of them and a smaller number would likely nip and stress the gups.

Blub
Hi!

In a 10gal tank you can keep 6 Glofish with no other fish. With a guppy - no Glofish. Snails take up space, yes. A Golden apple needs 2.5gal of water.

SereneReyn
you say it seems as though your tank is cycled... what are the test readings?

PhishFor20
you say it seems as though your tank is cycled... what are the test readings?

Nitrate- 5-10 NitrIte-0 Ammonia-0 Ph-7.2 The tank has been set up about three weeks now. So if I have under 6 glo fish they will bully my guppy? What if I get like 2 glowfish and 2 more guppy? So there is 3 guppy and 2 glo fish? If they outnumber the glo fish will it be ok? If not is there any other cool fish that glow or something sweet like that? Any ideas?

SereneReyn
I would stick with one or the other. guppies or glofish, not both... maybe some shrimp.

PhishFor20
Lame, k

PhishFor20
But I mean is there any really really colorful cool looking fish out there that I could put in along with my guppy and black molly? All the fish i've seen so far are cool and all but just kind of boring to look at. Don't get my wrong I still love to watch my fish, they are very interesting, I just want something pretty looking too.

SereneReyn
well, that's an awfully small tank... some of the little male guppies have some great coloring. unless I missed something, you have 2 guppies and one molly? are both your guppies male? (if not, you'll be needing a fry tank, btw...)

i'm really at a loss as far as what else to suggest... if you only have what I mentioned above, you MIGHT be able to get away with a couple of kuhlI loaches... might put you at heavily stocked, (and you would have to compensate by doing lots of water changes, etc...) but they have tons of personality, and do a bit of clean up... really though, in all honesty a 10 gallon is simply too small for a great variety of fish. even a 20 gallon (while not taking up much more room) would give you a lot more options.

miker
Platy is colorful! If you have little more room, I'd have suggested Cherry Barb, but they will do better when there are two pairs or more.

PhishFor20
k, thank you!

Blub
Hi!

Platys and Endeler's livebearer. Your tank is way to small to keep any other species really.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jeffsglo
Replies
Views
Fettuccini
Replies
Views
Blaze
Replies
Views