How Many Gallons For An Orca? Funny 

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m thinking I’m going to need a sump,protein skimmer and a uv steralizer. Not to mention the live fish to feed him. Now that’s all ok but the splash he’s gonna make catching those fish is gonna soak the floor. So I’m out .

CandyCane701

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There was a news story several years back where SeaWorld was facing some serious trouble for what they'd been claiming the orca's lifespans were. I don't remember what they claimed it was, but their orcas all die around age 14. The news story was about how an orca that had been previously tagged had been spotted, and it was like triple the max age that SeaWorld claimed they live to be. Apparently not a lot happened though because they still have orcas. I tried finding the story to share it, but no luck.

mollybabes

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
CandyCane701 said:
There was a news story several years back where SeaWorld was facing some serious trouble for what they'd been claiming the orca's lifespans were. I don't remember what they claimed it was, but their orcas all die around age 14. The news story was about how an orca that had been previously tagged had been spotted, and it was like triple the max age that SeaWorld claimed they live to be. Apparently not a lot happened though because they still have orcas. I tried finding the story to share it, but no luck.
Probably got deleted.
I really hate that they lie to visitors.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom