How Many Fish - Updated

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by sharmander, Apr 9, 2019.

1. sharmanderNew MemberMember

2. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

I’m not a stocking pro but I can already see things not going well with this thread... Nets flying sponge filters being swung around by their air lines heater going up to 120 degrees.. it just not going to be good

3. GiulWell Known MemberMember

Given your current choice in fish I would say no, you can’t. Unfortunately a single bristlenose needs a 20 gallon tank because they need the biofilm to graze on, and they can be territorial so you may see some fighting. Skirt tetras are bigger tetra so they would also prefer a bigger tank.

I’m sorry if someone else gave you the advise to combine these guys, but it is too much for a 10 gallon. If you’re able to return or swap out fish then we can suggest a much more livelier/colorful tank that would love 10 gallons

4. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

Unfortunately, both species will outgrow your tank space. A 20 long would be much better and you could do at least 6 white skirt tetras, and maybe another species of middle swimming fish

5. AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

With your current stock, being that bristlenose reach about 6 inches each and can be territorial, I’d personally say you should have at least 29 gallons and hope your Plecos are male and female.

6. sharmanderNew MemberMember

Lol I know eh just want snails again!

Looking to trade my white skirts local pet store said they were the same as the neons

Well unless you would suggest something other than the Neons I think they're the smallest though

7. GiulWell Known MemberMember

8. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

Cardinal tetras, most rasboras
    I can't even fathom how they'd act like neons and white skirts grew to the same size

9. sharmanderNew MemberMember

I've actually send petvalu a very angry message about there disclosure of the pets they sell after finding out what I have, these tetras are not in a big enough tank . And I really don't want to bring them back to the store I got them from because of their obvious lack of knowledge, so I'm contacting everybody I know that has aquariums to see if they have something larger than a 20 gallon and can fit them. Screenshot_20190408-102322_Messenger.jpg

Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to send me a link I'm not big on colors or anything in particular having a fish tank and the maintenance of it is actually quite therapeutic for me. But the endlers omg omg I looked them up and there so neat looking

10. GiulWell Known MemberMember

You’re very welcome! Just be aware that if you mix males and females they will breed like rabbits so you may want all males or all females if you want to avoid that. My mom LOVES breeding her fish so watching and feeding the babies is therapeutic for her

11. sharmanderNew MemberMember

The tetras that are too big are going to someone with a 150 gal, there very experienced with fish so I feel it's safe and my plecos off to my friend with a 10gal as well ( better safe then sorry) so one pleco a betta thinking putting my snails in from the other tank venus is all better and needs space so thats why in go all the girl snails go to 10 gal, aries is back too he likes her plants too much haha but with the switch of the girls he now has his own tank that I will be planting in.

12. sharmanderNew MemberMember

Dawn tetras are a bit smaller I so we t got a 30 gal but needs time to settle

Got a 30 gal and dawn tetras lol

Went out got 30 gal as well. If you worried I did take what you said to heart

13. GiulWell Known MemberMember

Ahh, why wasn’t I updated about your posts? I’m glad you were able to work things out! It’s very unfortunate that people cannot correctly advertise their products in order to help their caring patrons.

I’m so glad that you have friends who are able to help you! A 10 gallon is a snail and betta paradise! And now you are able to have a 30 gallon as well! That’s so exciting since that’ll give you plenty of stocking options. Post pictures when you have the chance :)