How many fish to put in a 55 gallon FOWLR set up

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by IlovePuffers, Jun 30, 2016.

1. I

IlovePuffers New Member Member

I'm thinking about upgrading to a 55 gallon tank. In the tank I would like a yellow tang a 2 or 3 Toby puffers. Can I do this if so can I get anymore fish

2. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariums Valued Member Member

you can do that yea. but im not sure what other fish u can get? :confused:

3. OP
    OP
    I

4. FreshAquariums

The Azure Damselfish Chrysiptera hemicyanea is a very pretty demoiselle. it is a small, hardy fish that only reaches 2 3/4 inches (7 cm) in length and has a gorgeous electric blue and yellow coloring. With its good personality, rarely causing trouble in community tanks, and being reasonably priced, it is a staple of the industry and one of the most desirable damselfish for the saltwater enthusiast. Other names it is commonly known by include Azure Demoiselle, Yellow-dipped Damsel, Half-blue Damselfish, and Royal Demoiselle. should work with your listed fish

View attachment 199082

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016
  5. OP
    OP
    I

Thanks

6. FreshAquariums

No problem, if you end up having anymore questions just direct message me or something :)

7. OP
    OP
    I

What should I stock it with. I love all types of puffers.

8. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

9. OP
    OP
    I

I have a 55gal Tank that's already 1 week into cycling. I was planning on adding...
    Green Chromis
    Bicolor Blenny
    Firefish
    Clownfish
    Valentini Puffer
    Flame hawkfish
    Is this a good plan or should I change it. Any advice is helpful

10. SecretiveFish

SecretiveFish Well Known Member Member

That looks like a good stocking list!

I would add the firefish first since those tend to be rather timid and need a chance to establish his/her territory. I would add the clownfish and the valentini puffer last since those are the most 'aggressive' fish in your list.

11. OP
    OP
    I

Okay thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice