How many fish tanks do you have? - Page 14

How many tanks do you own?

• Total voters

Leeman75

FinalFins said:
I have 3 at the moment. Hopefully I can eventually make my vote the one on the bottom
I'm with you!!

Deku-Cory

One. Only because I'm still living with my parents, and they would not be happy if I had a bunch of tanks raising up the electricity and water bills! They did let me upgrade from a 29 gal to a 75 gal, so it's not all bad! I am however very tempted to set up a 5 gallon up in my room once I rearrange things in there. MultI tank syndrome is inescapable.

CaptainAquatics

I have 10: a 130, 55, two 40’s, a 36, two 29’s, a 15, 10, and a 5

Those are all in gallons

ghostdawg

I have 1.2 tanks... ...currently a 10 gal. but expecting a 65 gal when we move in May/June!

Basil

Leeman75 said:
I WISH I had a 40 sitting around!!
I have a 75, 30 cube, and 29 all sitting around. They were all given to me. What can I say, I wasn’t going to say “no” to free tanks lol!
However, I am absolutely at my limit time-wise with the 4 I currently have set up (75, two 40, and a 10 gallon) Well, that is if I actually want to have time to do other things like that pesky full time working thing.

CHJ

My wife say 23 but I'm pretty sure she is not counting her new ram 29 gal as it is not set up. She may not be counting the grow out bin as it is not an aquarium.

nikm128

Depends on if you mean how many running, or how many are also being stored...

86 ssinit

I have 4. A 125 discus tank a 90g community tank a 29 gallon used to be a qt tank now a shrimp and rainbow fish grow out tank and a 15 gallon shrimp and Pygmy Cory tank. I also have a 45g empty to be used as qt in future. NEVER FILL A QT TANK!!!! It becomes a regular tank.

KribensisLover1

Thunder_o_b said:
My largest aquarium is a 150 tall.
What are the dimensions?

Thunder_o_b

SlvikanAKAMsWorryWart said:
What are the dimensions?
48"x 24 1/2" 34 1/2"

Addictedtobettas

I have 5 in my office, 1 in the car, and 1 being shipped as I type this. I was eyeing a 60 gallontoday as I think I have just the spot, but if I can fit 60 maybe 75 isn't pushing it?!
Should probably have the floor reinforced before that one. Just in case.

Of course eyeing the 60 gallonis how I ended up with 'just the 10'. I shouldn't be allowed near fish stores of any kind. Today it's a tank, tomorrow it's more fish.

Thunder_o_b said:
Love the gemstones in there!

And what a perfect size..

Rev

I've only got 2. A 5 gallon and 10g. Currently in a gap year in college so I'm limited as to how much I can have when I go back. Really want more tanks though. The bucket list just keeps getting longer. So many plans for tanks. Got a 180 sitting in my garage waiting for more permanent living and it's killing me.

Thunder_o_b said:
Also now adding a 150 tall to my list because that looks amazing. Seems like a great size too.

KinderScout

LOL one fish tank - 120 litre - I know how lazy I am so better to have one tank looked after well than five that then
get neglected! :/

NLindsey921

3 or 4 depending on weather you count quarentines. 5 if you count the tank that is used for a hamster. 6 if you count the empty one.

KribensisLover1

Thunder_o_b said:
48"x 24 1/2" 34 1/2"
Wow that is a awesome. Love the width.I will look up what a 150 long or regular is. Just curious. Love your size for Angelfishes!!

Aegisss

2 x 75 gallon

AcuarioAmazonico

Just had to recast my vote from a couple months back.... did a count... three more tanks! LOL

Dave125g

I'm down t0 3 tanks now. Gonna be only 2 come fall. Just the 125 and the 29 gallons. My 40 gallon will turn into the quarantine tank for both. It will be shut down until needed.

Addictedtobettas

Dave125g said:
I'm down t0 3 tanks now. Gonna be only 2 come fall. Just the 125 and the 29 gallons. My 40 gallon will turn into the quarantine tank for both. It will be shut down until needed.
That’s a hefty quarantine tank!

Dave125g

Addictedtobettas said:
That’s a hefty quarantine tank!
Big fish in the 125. A little 10 gallon just won't do. My gouramI is 10 inches. The 40 is even too small for her.

jinjerJOSH22

Dave125g said:
Big fish in the 125. A little 10 gallon just won't do. My gouramI is 10 inches. The 40 is even too small for her.
It's a Snakeskin right, any chance of a picture ?

JLeeM

I can't wait to take a few tanks down or redo at least one.

Displays
40 Gallon Breeder (staying)
37 Gallon (staying)
29 Gallon (want to eventually upgrade)
5 Gallon(staying)
Who am I kidding, would like to upgrade all of them but the 5 gallon betta tank.

Others
29 Gallon growout (should soon have tons of longfin calico bristlenose to find homes for)
10 Gallon Quarantine (soon to be emptied)
5 Gallon Quarantine (hope to use for a new project after, might up it to a 10)

Empty
Two 20 Longs
Two 10 Gallons
2.5 Gallon

SeaMonkey06

Not sure if I posted on here, but if so its probably outdated

1 40 Gallon Juvenile Axolotl Tank
1 12 Gallon WCMM (*breeder*) (not really, they just keep spawning)
1 8Gal QT Tank that currently houses a blue veil tail betta (Ombre)
Another 8Gal QT Tank that houses a blue longfin betta (still thinking of a name!)

Empty tanks:
15 Gallon Long (with a crack in the side, going to repair it sometime this month) - moving the minnows into here and Ombre the Betta into the 12 Gallon
5 Gallon - moving my little unnamed buddy into here (hope to upgrade him to at least a 10Gal soon!
5 Gallon - Going to be setup after Gary's (mystery snail) has been moved from QT

My parents are going to kick me out if I get anymore! I reckon I could still squeeze a 100 Gallon Community Tank, a 60 Gallon Turtle Tank, A 10 Gallon Shrimp Tank and a 5-10 Gallon Dwarf Puffer Aquarium in somewhere!

JLeeM said:
I can't wait to take a few tanks down or redo at least one.

Displays
40 Gallon Breeder (staying)
37 Gallon (staying)
29 Gallon (want to eventually upgrade)
5 Gallon(staying)
Who am I kidding, would like to upgrade all of them but the 5 gallon betta tank.

Others
29 Gallon growout (should soon have tons of longfin calico bristlenose to find homes for)
10 Gallon Quarantine (soon to be emptied)
5 Gallon Quarantine (hope to use for a new project after, might up it to a 10)

Empty
Two 20 Longs
Two 10 Gallons
2.5 Gallon
You have quite the collection... and some great self control! I think the only tank I've ever had empty that didn't have huge, fast approaching plans was a 5 Gal... that's gone now!! I'm a dangerous person when I have spare tanks and extra filter media in my main tanks...

Bought my new little betta because he looked particularly beaten up (okay, nothing compared to Bettas sold in other countries; where I'm from, their all kept in 2.5 Gallon Tanks) and I had space! Couldn't resist his gorgeous little face!

Dave125g

jinjerJOSH22 said:
It's a Snakeskin right, any chance of a picture ?
There's Jakelynn. Jake for short, as in "jake the snake"

jinjerJOSH22

Dave125g said:
There's Jakelynn. Jake for short, as in "jake the snake"
Wow, what a beast of a fish
My 2 are about half that size hopefully one day they'll reach that.

Amazoniantanklvr

I only have a 36 bow for now but I want a 14g cube marine tank, a 10 gallon for breeding apistos anf a 20 gallon or 10 gallon growout for the fry.

tjpettigrew

We have 5 active tanks:
- 90g rectangle w/2 Calico Fancy Tail Goldfish (Ryukin and Comet).
- 26g BF w/11 GloFish, 2 baby Albino BNP, 3 Zebra Nerite Snails.
- 72g BF w/9 Discus (6 babies), 1 adult male Albino BNP, 1 adult female BNP, 1 adult Snowball Pleco, 2 baby Albino BNP, 5 Zebra Nerite Snails.
- 26g BF w/breeding pair Discus
- 3.5g BF w/adult male Betta, 1 Zebra Nerite Snail.

Amazoniantanklvr

OOH, can I see both of your discus tanks? What kind do you breed?

tjpettigrew

Amazoniantanklvr said:
OOH, can I see both of your discus tanks? What kind do you breed?
Hey there and thanks! They are Snakeskin PigeonBlood but I believe one of the parents of our breeding pair (female) maybe a Turquoise or Blue Diamond as they have some blue in them that is clearly being passed along.

Left to right:
GloFish | Discus | Breeding Discus

Mom and Dad

They had some babies and of the 6 that made it, 1 is completely different then the rest.

Dave125g

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Wow, what a beast of a fish
My 2 are about half that size hopefully one day they'll reach that.
There said to only reach 8 inches in captivity and 10 inches in the wild. In a 75 gallon they'll reach 8 inches. In my 125 Jake got to 10 inches.

Anders247

I'm down to just 1 right now. A 10g.

CHJ

My wife's new 29 is now on its 2nd day and has a bacterial bloom going. She set it up and then filled its HOB with media from 2 other HOBs so plenty of bacteria.
Now we let the bacteria calm down for a few days.

FinalFins

Looking at the results of the poll it looks like a skewed bell curve.

StarGirl

2 -a 5.5 and a 55.

Rcslade124

I have changed my vote 3 times now haha

Anders247

I'm just surprised this has lasted this long. 802 votes, dang. I can't believe it's been like 5 years since I made this.....
Wow, yeah, 5 years a week ago.

StarGirl

Anders247 said:
I'm just surprised this has lasted this long. 802 votes, dang. I can't believe it's been like 5 years since I made this.....
Wow, yeah, 5 years a week ago.
What does everyone look like is a long one too. I'm a lame o with 2.... lol

Anders247

StarGirl15 said:
What does everyone look like is a long one too. I'm a lame o with 2.... lol
I still need to add myself to that thread, haha. Will get to it eventually.

aoiumi

1 5.5 gal set up for a betta, (no betta yet,) and a 20 gal in storage that needs to be resealed.

SeaMonkey06

Update (Again)

Everything's always changing!

2x 5.5 Gallon Betta and Mystery/Nerite Snail Tanks
1x 12.5 Gallon WCMM Minnow 'breeding' tank
1x 40 Gallon Axolotl Tank
2x 8.2 Gallon QT Tanks

And my newest addition that I'm working on...

A 15 gallon Leopard Gecko Vivarium. Going to take a while, but I'm doing it!

aoiumi

Mine's changed too! Turns out the 20 was actually a 10, (oops), but now I have a 10 gal set up and cycling for a betta and a school of pygmy cories! Plants are in, and everything is looking good.

Dave125g

Change is in the air it seems. I got the 125 gallon. The 29 gallon. The 40 is only a quarantine/hospital tank. Currently the 40 is quarantining 10 juvenile Congo Tetras. I may keep them in there until they grow out a bit more. They'll be added to the 125 with some large cichlids. The 10 gallon has been shut down and is currently waiting for a new home.

So, in short 3 tanks soon to be just 2.

TWiG87

Just one 20 gallon right now. Thinking about getting a 10 gallon for a quarantine/ hospital tank in the not too distant future though

FathomtheFish

5.5 gallon betta and shrimp tank

5 gallon betta tank with 4 Pygmy cories

And a 3.5 gallon tank for a pygmy puffer is waiting for pickup!!

Oh and I have a fishbowl for scuds and pest snails.

jake37

I keep turning my qt tanks into real tank because they just sit there. First I throw in some substrate; then I figure I might as well add some plants and with all those plants - well why not toss in a fish or two - and the next thing I know it is so populated I can't possibly use it as a qt so well then I gotta get another tank.... Well now I have to use a pail as a qt since I don't have room for more tanks

SeaMonkey06

jake37 said:
I keep turning my qt tanks into real tank because they just sit there. First I throw in some substrate; then I figure I might as well add some plants and with all those plants - well why not toss in a fish or two - and the next thing I know it is so populated I can't possibly use it as a qt so well then I gotta get another tank.... Well now I have to use a pail as a qt since I don't have room for more tanks
I use storage tubs for QT because I know that I will end up doing the same! Bad thing is, I keep buying fish because I have space to keep them and end up having to buy more tanks for their permanent homes! Done it so many times

NBettas83

Looks like the majority of us has fallen to MTS.

Rev

NBettas83 said:
Looks like the majority of us has fallen to MTS.
I like to think I'm still holding out at 2 small tanks. If I had it my way I'd have a LOT more by now. However the 180g in my garage and the 90g I tried to purchase a few weeks ago beg to differ

PascalKrypt

Rev said:
I like to think I'm still holding out at 2 small tanks. If I had it my way I'd have a LOT more by now. However the 180g in my garage and the 90 gallon I tried to purchase a few weeks ago beg to differ
one of us! one of us!

Welcome to the dark side. Join us as we fight for the Greater Good, to have as many tanks in a home as possible.

yeti79

At the moment I have 4. A 55, two 20 tall and a five

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom