How many fish tanks do you have? - Page 13

How many tanks do you own?

• Total voters

FinalFins

If they are tanks intended for use for fish, and you use it for something else, it counts. You could use it for a oreo stockpile and it would still count IF it is in a tank intended for fish use

Sien

FinalFins said:
If they are tanks intended for use for fish, and you use it for something else, it counts. You could use it for a oreo stockpile and it would still count IF it is in a tank intended for fish use
I might just do that...don't give me ideas

Gone

I just posted this on the Guppy thread.

Dewclaw83

I have 7... kind of? Not all have fish in them (yet) and some are in flux (plan on switching the male betta to the 5.5 and having my 5 gallon as the quarantine (it’s acrylic and old and scratched and I don’t like it; and the fry are still growing)
20g (long) community
(currently empty) 20 gallon (long) (for the fry as they continue to grow)
10g with betta fry
10g sorority (kinda)
(Currently set up but empty) 10 gallon for male betta machaiensis
5.5g quarantine (1 new female betta in there rn)
5g with 1 male betta

lilirose

I have four: a community tank, a Betta tank, and one each for Painted Fire Red shrimp and Blue Jelly shrimp. Am planning more next year- hopefully one for angelfish and hopefully three more nano tanks for shrimp or Bettas.

SeaMonkey06

I'll start...

I have...

5Gal - Freshwater - wcmm fry - soon to be a betta and snail tank
12.5Gal - Freshwater - 5wcmm - soon to house a few more of the older fry
5Gal - Saltwater - Brine Shrimp
5Gal - May be home to a betta one day

It's so addictive!! You can't just have one...

Debbie1986

Mostly Betta Tanks

1 gallon. 3 are empty. I had to move my Betta KoI into 1 for now as she had issues swimming ( doing daily water changes to see how she does)
1 1.7 gallon empty - not a good design, tall and narrow, acts as a support tank if need to move fish around
3 - 3 gallons, 1 is empty ( upgraded to a 6 gallon)
3 five gallons
3 6 gallons
4 10 gallon, only 2 in use. I use the other 2 as back up tank
1 20 gallon - Featherfin catfish for now
1 36 gallon bow front - SDF
1 38 gallon Tetras & Cories

next spring - going for a 50+ gallon for SDF, Featherfin will go into 36 at that point until I figure it out if I want him with SDF or alone ( still on fence as SDF get stressed so easily.)

not a cheap hobby

Feohw

I just have two nowadays. Used to have a few more as MTS hit me hard in the beginning. I may get a bigger tank at some point in the near future.

6g - betta + shrimp tank
53g - community tank

Joker77

I've only got 2 big tanks 90g tetra community tank and 150 gallon semI aggressive. I couldnt imagine if I had to keep 10+ tanks straight.

kallililly1973

7 tanks... a 55,29,20,10,8.8, and 2 5.5 not to mention a fish bowl with a couple snails and java moss in it. Would like to eventually upgrade to a Large tank. Thinking 125

crazycracker

I only have one tank: a fluval spec 5 and I love it so much! It has a wonderful filtration system. I added fluval statrum to it 2 days ago and the dust cleared up within hours! I only plan on owning one tank too because I'm a busy student and it's very convenient for me

Donthemon

75 discus, 55 community and a 45 with African cichlids. And an empty 5 gallon . Getting a 120 soon once I convince the wife!

GlennO

1 x 64 (display)
2 x 40 (grow out/quarantine)
1 x 7 (currently empty fry tank)

KingJamal2

SeaMonkey06 said:
I'll start...

I have...

5Gal - Freshwater - wcmm fry - soon to be a betta and snail tank
12.5Gal - Freshwater - 5wcmm - soon to house a few more of the older fry
5Gal - Saltwater - Brine Shrimp
5Gal - May be home to a betta one day

It's so addictive!! You can't just have one...

11 gallon Danio planted tank

5 gallon no filter heavily planted tank. (I think there’s like 3 snails in there)

10 gallon sparkling gouramI tank. Heavily planted.

40 gallon White Cloud Mountain Minnow planted tank.

mimo91088

I live in an apartment, I've only got 3 right now. A 37, a 29, and a 10.

coralbandit

I change water on about 60 tanks from 2 gallon -180g ..

KingJamal2

coralbandit said:
I change water on about 60 tanks from 2 gallon -180g ..
You have 60 tanks???

coralbandit

KingJamal2 said:
You have 60 tanks???
At this time yes .
I have had more ...

Rcslade124

20g hexagon with glofish
5.5 betta
29 apistogramma tank

Planning to upgrade 29 and leave it as a spawn tank and getting a 75 for community tank. And eventually a big saltwater aquarium

BobbyTez

I have one 55 gallon tank but dream every day about getting a 180 gallon just don’t have any space to put it in and my wife will kill me jajajaja

FinalFins

currently 3, hopefully 4 after christmas

2.5g, betta
5g, betta
20g not bonded pair of BR's, school of cpds and otos

kallililly1973

BobbyTez said:
I have one 55 gallon tank but dream every day about getting a 180 gallon just don’t have any space to put it in and my wife will kill me jajajaja
You could easily hide a 180 go for it!!!

Scottnbrittany85

4 tanks, 237g 75 gallon 10g×2

FinalFins

kallililly1973 said:
You could easily hide a 180 go for it!!!
Hmmm, behind the house?...

AcuarioAmazonico

Nine at the moment. I think it will go down

- extra large American cichlid tank
- large rainbow fish tank
- medium sized angelfish tank
- medium sized convict cichlid tank (mating pair)
- medium community tank (dwarf gourami)
- medium community (empty and will be used for growing out feeders)
- medium betta tank with shrimp and rasbora
- medium betta tank with rasbora
- small betta tank
1 x 20 gallon “quarantine” currently empty and in the cupboard
3 x 10 gallon betta tanks empty in a cupboard

BobbyTez

FinalFins said:
Hmmm, behind the house?...
I probably will have to sleep in it

KingJamal2

coralbandit said:
At this time yes .
I have had more ...
Wow... I can’t even imagine having to care for that many tanks, let alone finding room for them.

MacZ

One.
1x 20gal (cardinals & otos)

You can count a 10gal shared with a neighbour for quarantine as 1/2.

Leeman75

I have been infected by the Aquarium bug twice in my life and each time, I have found that once I started with one tank, it's hard to stop. I'm wondering where everyone else sits on this...

TWiG87

Currently I only have one. That may change down the road. Before I took a break from the hobby I had two. 90 and a 36? Bow front

Feohw

Just the two. Used to have more. Sold some, some broke. But I'm looking to get a larger tank at some point.

Littlebudda

Currently down to just the 300gal and 16gal. It will stay that way for a while

Dewclaw83

I have 9, but the majority of those (6/9) are 5 or 10 gallon betta tanks. The largest tank I have is a 29 as a grow out tank for some fry lol (Though I have a 40 sitting around waiting for me to get time)

Leeman75

I WISH I had a 40 sitting around!!

Crispii

Three tanks for me. I have my 90 gallon Altum angelfish tank, 5 gallon Betta tank, and a UNS planted tank.

aquafrogg

Just one! I am headed to college next year and they only allow one tank 20 gallons or under.

Leeman75

Crispii said:
Three tanks for me. I have my 90 gallon Altum angelfish tank, 5 gallon Betta tank, and a UNS planted tank.
Ok, I'm not familiar with the "UNS" acronym. What does that mean?

Dewclaw83

Leeman75 said:
I WISH I had a 40 sitting around!!
It was on sale and I couldn’t resist lol

Sunflower said:
Just one! I am headed to college next year and they only allow one tank 20 gallons or under.
my college only allows 10 or under - 20 would be nice! Though they didn’t specify how many tanks do I took two lol

Crispii

Sunflower said:
Orrrr you could have a bunch of Sterilite bins and make it into an aquarium. I'm pretty sure colleges don't say anything about using storage containers as fish tanks.

Crispii

Leeman75 said:
Ok, I'm not familiar with the "UNS" acronym. What does that mean?
Ultum Nature Systems.

Dennis57

I have 4 now but that can change to more. 2- 20s 1-55 and a 125

coralbandit

/1

MissNoodle

6. Id have more but husband seems to think we need electrical outlets for other things.

Leeman75

MissNoodle said:
6. Id have more but husband seems to think we need electrical outlets for other things.
Very nice tanks!!

Leeman75

It's really interesting to me how many folks on here have 125 galllon tanks! I would love to have a tank that size, but I'm pretty sure that my wife would disown me!! My 55 will have to do for now.

pagoda

I have 4 aquariums......3 tropical set ups (2 x 20 gallon long + 1 x 18g hex) and 1 coldwater set up (20g long) that will be housing an Axolotl in the next few days

Thunder_o_b

Leeman75 said:
It's really interesting to me how many folks on here have 125 galllon tanks! I would love to have a tank that size, but I'm pretty sure that my wife would disown me!! My 55 will have to do for now.
My largest aquarium is a 150 tall.

FinalFins

I have 3 at the moment. Hopefully I can eventually make my vote the one on the bottom

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom